Security

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2011
      The person that fired on the White House is in custody. Some facts about the incident are coming out. That was a long shot. I have been on that street and wondered what the distance to the White House might be. One report says 600 yards. The accused used a rifle and hit a window at that distance. Thats pretty good shooting so this fellow must have had some training. I know the SS will find out.
      It may be time to move the security screen back. A hard republican friend today said he hoped nothing happens to the president, it would be chaos. If there are shooters out there that can shoot 600 yds . Just watch some of the shooting shows and see what a 600yd shot involves. I amagine we have trained or caused to be trained thousands of marksmen from the middle east. The only answer seems to move back the perimeter and counter snipe the crazies. I hate to see DC look like Beirute. Im watching crude prices and Iran/Iraque counter stories have begun. The financial pages are full of 200$ oil. If that happens I`ll meet you in Malabo and we can go to the protests.
      It seems our security is holding but some steep climbs seem immenent. Good luck modernists, I think we might need it. Bill