the gap

  • Broken Column
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011
      >Does Frida have some dangerous review for you?

      Bill,

      Yes, the eerily similar elements in this painting remind me more effectively than my own memory.

      While we wouldn't say such connections between artists and ourselves are supernatural, we can agree that inter-subjectivity happens regardless of time. Certainly existentialism includes psychological components like memory and emotion which shape our being, but what intrigues me lately is Mind. I accept the idea that thought moves more autonomously and meaningfully than we recognize or admit. Perhaps philosophers speculate and artists accept as true what scientists generally avoid examining—the instrument itself—not simply gray matter, but Mind itself.

      A chasm between these two perspectives suggests the necessity of a bridge.