Re: Pro Leg Loss and the Tics of Marks

  • William
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011

> [...]
      >
      > I think your position is that boxing or steroid use may result in people getting hurt, but so what? If that is their choice so be it. Individuals should be allowed to pursue their interests without interference from others, particularly from moralising do-gooders.
      >
      > To a large extent I sympathize with your view here. I am happy for boxing to be allowed, although in the same way as I would not like it if my daughter chose prostitution as a career, I would not be keen for my son to choose boxing as a career choice. However, at the end of the day, they have their own lives to lead, and it is not for me to try to stop them doing what they want to do.
      >
      > On the other hand if it is proved that taking steroids makes people much more aggressive, there is a conflict of interests between the steroid-user who wants to take the pills and the long-suffering wife or children or the man on the next bar stool who may get beaten up when their husband/father /fellow drinker takes the pills.
      >
      > It seems to me it is a similar case to drinking and driving. You may say that people should be allowed to drink and drive if they want, but surely we need a paternalist law in this case to protect innocent pedestrians and other road users from the drunken menace. I certainly favour paternalistic laws to protect innocent people from dangerous idiots, so I think Herman does have a case here.
      >
      > I also think Herman had a reasonable point concerning parents as role models. I think parents should attempt to set a good example to their children, as to some extent children copy parents' behaviour. Statistics show that sons of violent fathers are more likely to develop into violent adults. Similarly, unfortunately, abused children often grow up to abuse others as adults.
      >
      > Like you, I have never hit anyone, but it is perhaps not irrelevant that I never saw my father hit anyone.
      >
      > Jim
      > Jim, thoughtful,what you say. On the dwi example, would you agree to penalities that are not political assumptions of punishment? OWI has been a favorite whipping boy ,here, in a state that has deep anti alcohol[methodist} roots. It is our version of mormanism and is just as vingeful and dogmatic as anything that goes on in Salt Lake City. You are obviously a very good boy and have probably not affronted anyone. I have two one punch knock outs. They were not sucker punches and in one we actually had gloves on. I don`t think you understand many of the real factors operating in matters of civil rights and liberties. You just go with the letter of law because you think you will not ,ever pay any price. "Let the bad guys, the guilty, do the heavy lifting". Now that is a judgmental attitude ,the thing Bookdoc detests. I doubt you even know why you piss us off. Even bleek Herman has a decent sense of liberty. Low country germans love their laws.
      My father never hit anybody, he preferred to knee them in the balls. I saw him do it and it was very effective. He took out a guy twenty years younger than him and did not break a swet. Moralise on that Jim. There is no conscious reflection you just waste the sucker, happy you are not the one.
      Do you quick spin as a self defense method?Have you been robbed? Beaten up, publically berated, put in the stocks, eaten unwanted,rotten vegatables? These previous experiences shade your views of issues of personal freedom.
      I think you are light on normal experience. You might think yourself lucky and I could go with that but that dont mean you are holding up your end of the log. It`s great to be a pirate! Bill

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Yes, the diagnosis is confirmed.
      > >
      > > So, your brilliant diagnosis of passive-aggressive characteristics somehow proves that boxing is evil?
      > >
      > > I have heard of 'logical fallacy', but you are free, I guess, to pursue your interest in 'logical stupidity'. It hurts no one.
      > >
      > > Cracker Pops Smack

    • Herman
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
        Hi Wil,

        On 4 August 2011 03:29, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > > Jim
        > > Jim, thoughtful,what you say. On the dwi example, would you agree to
        > penalities that are not political assumptions of punishment? OWI has been a
        > favorite whipping boy ,here, in a state that has deep anti
        > alcohol[methodist} roots. It is our version of mormanism and is just as
        > vingeful and dogmatic as anything that goes on in Salt Lake City. You are
        > obviously a very good boy and have probably not affronted anyone. I have two
        > one punch knock outs. They were not sucker punches and in one we actually
        > had gloves on. I don`t think you understand many of the real factors
        > operating in matters of civil rights and liberties. You just go with the
        > letter of law because you think you will not ,ever pay any price. "Let the
        > bad guys, the guilty, do the heavy lifting". Now that is a judgmental
        > attitude ,the thing Bookdoc detests. I doubt you even know why you piss us
        > off. Even bleek Herman has a decent sense of liberty. Low country germans
        > love their laws.
        > My father never hit anybody, he preferred to knee them in the balls. I saw
        > him do it and it was very effective. He took out a guy twenty years younger
        > than him and did not break a swet. Moralise on that Jim. There is no
        > conscious reflection you just waste the sucker, happy you are not the one.
        > Do you quick spin as a self defense method?Have you been robbed? Beaten up,
        > publically berated, put in the stocks, eaten unwanted,rotten vegatables?
        > These previous experiences shade your views of issues of personal freedom.
        > I think you are light on normal experience. You might think yourself lucky
        > and I could go with that but that dont mean you are holding up your end of
        > the log. It`s great to be a pirate! Bill

        You do not understand, I think, how the US is pissing the rest of the world
        of. Putin has you collectively, with your individualistic and freedreaming
        ideology, as parasites on the world. He is right. Nothing you (collectively)
        do or say is sustainable. Each and every one of you free peoples is in hock
        to the rest of the world up to your eyeballs. Do you understand that debt
        and freedom are irreconcilable? No, not at all, you're going to print
        another 3 trillion dollars. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. And a wheelbarrow
        for the printed loot.

        Cheers

        Herman

        > > > So, your brilliant diagnosis of passive-aggressive characteristics
        > somehow proves that boxing is evil?
        > > >
        > > > I have heard of 'logical fallacy', but you are free, I guess, to pursue
        > your interest in 'logical stupidity'. It hurts no one.
        > > >
        > > > Cracker Pops Smack

      • Herman
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
          Sorry, that was meant to be Bill, not Wil.

          Cheers

          Herman