Re: [existlist] Le Tour de France

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 13, 2011
      Hi Bill,

      On 12 July 2011 06:18, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > No. 4 regarding freedom seems plausable but I would refer you to my answer
      > regarding No. one in regard to No. Five.
      > Last night a young couple engaged us in a conversation regarding sexual
      > differences. The female was derogatory to her male and males in general. He
      > asked who would shovel the snow and cut the lawn and I added who would screw
      > her girlfriends.
      > The conversation started when Priscilla told of how the old women literally
      > attacked her father in his visit to the assisted care center. The young
      > girls comment was "Fresh meat".
      > Males and females should have different philosophical perspectives but I
      > was not prepared for such bluntness. The notion by many women that men are
      > necessary brutes will play out by the competative friction between the
      > sexes. Women are beginning to lose their longevity advantage and I never
      > expected such a change. I would suggest that as more women leave their
      > traditional mothering role women die earlier when they have fully
      > participated in the hard masculine sphere. It is not that women can`t do the
      > male occupations but that the females will die at a similar rate. If this
      > keeps repeating I would expect to see bigger females who exhibit a more male
      > perspective . I probably will not be around to see those big,hairy,agressive
      > women. I feel sorry for the males that have to screw their girlfriends. Bill

      I don't buy your sexual prophecies for a number of reasons. These days, we
      live in cities, and the frontier male / female sexuality that your father
      subscribed to is long dead. Even the defense forces are having to accept
      homosexuality in the ranks. That is because, like in Greece of old, our
      civilisation accepts en masse that in this world there is absolutely no need
      for your hard kinda man.

      I await the day when a pregnant lesbian soldier is shot by a metrosexual in
      uniform.

      Cheers

      Herman

    • William
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 13, 2011
        Herman, I differ and point to the title subject of this thread. We have and need those hard men. In the Tour de Crash as this year it is being called ,the slashing wreck into barbed wire resulted in more than thirty stiches to the victim. He rode the next day. That kind of courage still exists and you know it. Calling it primitive or backward does nothing to degrade truly heroic acts. As to someone shooting a pregnant soldier, such a thing should never happen in a civilised world. I have often said I deplore war but understand the need to win wars for survival. True courage in sport identifies the bold in a peaceful way and should war break out such persons become invaluable. I once took ten stiches in a championship game after being spiked and finished the game. Our goaly took twenty deep and twenty superficial sutures and came back for the final period. A star center played with his jaw wired and carried a pliers should he need to puke. Dedication and resistance to give in to pain still exists in both sexes but I agree it is becoming more rare. For that reason I speak of it,with reverence. Bill
      • Herman
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15, 2011
          Hi Bill,

          Yes, we do differ. What you call heroic and courageous, as exemplified in
          sport, I see as being totally gratuitous. You may as well be in praise of
          self-flagellation.

          Cheers

          Herman

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 15, 2011

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 16, 2011
              Hi Bill,

              On 16 July 2011 00:53, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Bill,
              > >
              > > Yes, we do differ. What you call heroic and courageous, as exemplified in
              > > sport, I see as being totally gratuitous. You may as well be in praise of
              > > self-flagellation.
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > >
              > > Herman
              > > Herman, I consider work to be self flagellation. I am very tired of it.
              > Bill

              I understand. You could always stop, working that is.

              Cheers

              Herman

            • William
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 17, 2011