Green jahaad

  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
      I am talking about the manipulation of terms. If you are a modernist I think you inherit a responsibility to language. Deconstruction ,at it`s base, is letter locked. I do not see them resorting to the qreek .We fight them at the word level we can cause them to question their own reliability. When they say I cannot use the word rational, I will end the conversation.
      Of all placid memorandae are the are the days of contemporary allies. That grand era is coming to an end. I will not resort to the simplistic reductionism of Herman and Jim. I will only intrefere in theit circular folk dance when they discrace the tenants of modernism. Green Jahaad is far to complicated for the agnostic group, they are still struggling with phonics. Bill
    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2011
        Here in the US we are producing more and more with less and less workers. The "New Normal" positions a double didget unemployment rate with production levels at before recession numbers. This is sweat shop capitalism that workers must unite to unmask and defeat. I have not heard much about product boycoots and that would seem an effective measure against brands that abuse their workers. It seems 10% of the people just do not buy into work at all. Now I understand that jobs programs amount to an everlasting dole. Ten percent plan to free load and the rest will work longer and harder, pay more taxes to support the lower leasure class. I know some libraries are planning free computer access so the chronically unemployed can play video games. We the workers pay for those computers and buildings and power. The non working life is being acessed by people who are talented but just plain lazy.I consider them economic terrorists as they rob the economy by economic leveling . The true workers are burned out early and the system becomes self effacing as the burn outs go on the dole. This depleative cycle is most damaging to the system and much more dangerous that a few bombs lobbed by terrorists.
        The New Normal will have some truly impossible facits. You can plan to work until you are seventy. If you do physical labor only the super few will survive to retire. Disability law will be a boom area of employment. A cheap law degree and local only advertising will make millionaries out of what were once ambulance chasers.
        Lawn mower man is already adding a business class to his brillient entrapenurial venture. The basic lawn mower man has a pick up ,a trailer, a push mower and a riding mower and a string trimmer. Now what was a teenage business has a central dispatch that routes, collects for, and scheduals lawn mower man adding such overhead so the "Man" just can`t make it. It is classic over growth and will kill these sad little businesses. If you are going to sneak into business from the bottom you better do your own books and answer your own cell phone while it microwaves your brain. You wind up broke and a dolt just like the Cairo garbage man.
        These things I see do not seem to sustain a long term system. I just heard an economist demand we drive smaller cars. She was followed by a study showing SUV`s to be much more survivable in accidents than compact cars. Now what is the smartest guy in the room going to do with that knowledge packet? Bill
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2011
          Bill,

          I agree with you that the current situation in the US and the UK, where those in work work longer and longer hours whilst the number out of work gets steadily higher, is not a good way for society to be.

          However I do not agree with you when you write:

          "It seems 10% of the people just do not buy into work at all. … The non working life is being accessed by people who are talented but just plain lazy. I consider them economic terrorists as they rob the economy by economic levelling."

          My own experience is that most of those without work would like to earn their way and contribute to society. They fail to get jobs for reasons such as these: they are single parents bringing up children; they have low levels of education and poor social skills such that employers are reluctant to take them on; they had mild psychological problems which make it difficult for them to cope with a rigid nine to five environment and close proximity to fellow workers who often are insensitive and bullying.

          I would prefer to move to a society where working hours are reduced, so those in work can have a life outside work, and more job opportunities are created for those out-of-work.

          I agree with you that workers should unite to unmask and defeat sweat-shop capitalism. This is why we need strong trade unions. I also agree with your suggestion that consumers boycott those companies who force workers to work in cruel and dehumanising conditions in places like China.

          I would favour tax laws favouring fully home-produced products and penalising those multinational companies who manufacture their goods overseas then import them.

          Certainly SUV's are safer than smaller, more environmentally-friendly cars, but the answer here to try to make the roads safer. Perhaps we need more speed cameras? (Joke!)

          Jim
        • William
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2011

            > Bill,
            >
            > I agree with you that the current situation in the US and the UK, where those in work work longer and longer hours whilst the number out of work gets steadily higher, is not a good way for society to be.
            >
            > However I do not agree with you when you write:
            >
            > "It seems 10% of the people just do not buy into work at all. … The non working life is being accessed by people who are talented but just plain lazy. I consider them economic terrorists as they rob the economy by economic levelling."
            >
            > My own experience is that most of those without work would like to earn their way and contribute to society. They fail to get jobs for reasons such as these: they are single parents bringing up children; they have low levels of education and poor social skills such that employers are reluctant to take them on; they had mild psychological problems which make it difficult for them to cope with a rigid nine to five environment and close proximity to fellow workers who often are insensitive and bullying.
            >
            > I would prefer to move to a society where working hours are reduced, so those in work can have a life outside work, and more job opportunities are created for those out-of-work.
            >
            > I agree with you that workers should unite to unmask and defeat sweat-shop capitalism. This is why we need strong trade unions. I also agree with your suggestion that consumers boycott those companies who force workers to work in cruel and dehumanising conditions in places like China.
            >
            > I would favour tax laws favouring fully home-produced products and penalising those multinational companies who manufacture their goods overseas then import them.
            >
            > Certainly SUV's are safer than smaller, more environmentally-friendly cars, but the answer here to try to make the roads safer. Perhaps we need more speed cameras? (Joke!)
            >
            > Jim

            Jim, As a long time employer I have learned by hard experience to assign blaim and take remedial action sooner, not later. The person who is canned usually has made mistakes that cost the company and they must go. I have fired some world class screw ups and several have sunk lower ,some ending in death. Rank insubordination begs dismissal and many people just hate work. Once they have crossed the line into that nihilism I have never seen one recover. For some the dark side of society is just too strong an option.Once someone has stolen from me they have crossed the line. Once someone has conspired to embezzel they have to go. I hate those bloody showdowns and will be most happy to leave active business behind.
            As to the cars, I spent a good deal of time studying risk. The most dangerous thing most people do is drive. Skiing, mountaneering and sky diving are more dangerous but not by much more. Driving is just too much for many on the road. They do not respect the activity and drive while impaired by many factors. They are an objective risk on the road. In mountaneering rock fall is an objective danger but you can quit mountain climbing and survive. Try ceasing driving in the mid west. There is little mass transportation so you can ride a bike in auto traffic. Thats worse. So I drive a tank. An eighteen wheeler or a train will crush me but little else. Last year a Corolla tangled with my wife`s Hummer. The Hummer and my wife had no damage, the rice burner was totaled. I consider the objective risks of driving make it a contact sport and I want the most durable equiptment. It is survival in high risk situations that drives my behavour and gas mileage or eco impact just do not cut it.
            I have just heard that one of the outcomes of the present mid east revolts will be the loss of the dollar as the currency that values oil. Some analyists think that will bring further chaos to oil markets. They think the destabilasation will add many dollars, rubles, pounds to the price of crude. What is being said in Europe, I know your petrol prices are very high. Bill