Re: [existlist] Re: Status Update on TEP

  • tom
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2011
      Bill

      To create a mean war machine, nobody thinking above their paygrade is essential. During the Manhattan Project, Leo Szilard, the scientist who originally envisioned the atomic bomb, and General Groves, the general in charge, hated each other and Groves tried to get Szilard arrested. The more warfare we have, the more aurthoritarian a nation and culture becomes by necesity.

      As for taking a hill, I heard a story from a fellow accouintant in the late 70s in Chicago of a conversation he overheard one night as he sat in booth at a restraunt, and heard two guys talk. One guy was talking about his days in Vietnam. He said his unit had a hill, and their company commander was determined not to give it up. The men decided to attempt to hold it was suicidal, and killed him and gave it up.

      Peace
      Tom