The unpredictability principle

  • William
    Message 1 of 24 , May 13, 2011
      Pauli knew that measurment was unpredictabile. Well I must agree, no one knows what is going to happen, no one knows the future. Prognasticators in many fields think the publishing of their theories will changre the future. I say they are egotistic fools. Economists are the most liable as their prognostications are pure conjecture. They identify a cycle and define the future in terms of prior numbers. There is no progression of numbers through history beyond the lapse of decades and the guesses of centuries.The whole business of prophecy and spiritual knowing is self serving propaganda.
      Now I have many disagreements with Marys definitions with the position of a scientist but she is not a scientist and at least defends logic and expermental reproductability .
      I understand my great progenitor Gallelo. The pope would burn him if he said what he knew. But he got it out and he is a hero in my like mind. People like the existentialists are predictable people as we have built a rational world. You weird post modernists , doesn`t a rarional world have some value to you.? As we say in the vernacular , FUCK you , you lose.
      Quo Vadis, toward freedom, toward the supression of the police state, toward the promise of a clean death.
      Let them not think I have the misapproitiation of ideal to dream that a stone is forever. Burn me, to any mob ,I will not care , Atheism is the key to an honest life. Bill
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , May 13, 2011
        Local forecast this evening had New Orleans out of immanent flooding area, but now the little ticker under the regular programming is saying that New Orleans may suffer "record flooding", which after Katrina is a mouthful. The Mississippi River is just ... well, right over there from my door. Oh joy!

        Talk about predictability.

        Wil

        Message 3 of 24 , May 13, 2011

          Message 4 of 24 , May 13, 2011
            Bill,

            I certainly thank you for that, but I think I will stick it out -- if for no other reason than obstinacy and a curiosity to see just how it will turn out. Flood schmud, as they say. I took out my ES 335 in response. I'll play blues this weekend, and maybe drink a bit (well, a bit more that is). Reading Charles Bowden, who reminds me of the late great Hunter S T. Now those are mensches (menschen?).

            Can't swim, but love the Irish. Would rather drown than run. But I am an idiot.

            Wil

            > Local forecast this evening had New Orleans out of immanent flooding area, but now the little ticker under the regular programming is saying that New Orleans may suffer "record flooding", which after Katrina is a mouthful. The Mississippi River is just ... well, right over there from my door. Oh joy!
            >
            > Talk about predictability.
            >
            > Wil
            >Wil, As a good friend I wish you the best and a place of refuge if necassary. You dont want to live in this holy crap hole but I would take your communist ass in. I have been at the mercy of the CORPs since "93'. Isn`t martial law a gas? O`l Texas Tom ,Air Force has declared, and we might think of the alternitivities. I ain`t ever been bugaloo. For Tom it is your time to win or lose , I will treat the time with justice and give you a fair play, Thats what I told Obama and I keep my small word. Bill

          • Herman
            Message 5 of 24 , May 14, 2011
              Hi Bill,

              On 14 May 2011 14:10, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

              > Quo Vadis, toward freedom, toward the supression of the police state,
              > toward the promise of a clean death.

              Sorry, Bill, you are merely setting up more contradictions with which to
              thwart yourself. Elsewhere, you often pledge your allegiance to capitalism,
              on the basis that IT WORKS. I can live with that as long as we understand IT
              WORKS to only mean that capitalism manages to reproduce itself. Limited this
              way, I totally agree with you, capitalism works, and many other economic
              -isms don't, insofar as capitalism manages to reproduce itself, while other
              economic -isms fall by the wayside.

              But your suggestion here that you are headed towards freedom is totally
              irreconcilable with your observation that capitalism will continue.
              Capitalism manages to reproduce itself because it can sell freedom as a
              commodity to the gullible likes of you, while being structurally dependent
              on depriving billions of their freedom. Oppression is the reality of
              capitalism, not freedom.

              Cheers

              Herman

              Message 6 of 24 , May 14, 2011
                Bill,

                No one need burn or crucify you, since we already got the memo that God is dead. When great minds like Hegel, Nietzsche, Zizek, or Bohm use the word 'Spirit,' they explicate something far more philosophical (in Bohm's case, scientific) than faith. I'm so fortunate in having found them after losing mine. To have done so before, would have trapped me in a snare more lasting than the Reformation. I'm merely arguing against segmentation and fragmentation in science, not for some New Age merging of faith and science.

                Message 7 of 24 , May 14, 2011

                  > Hi Bill,
                  >
                  > On 14 May 2011 14:10, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Quo Vadis, toward freedom, toward the supression of the police state,
                  > > toward the promise of a clean death.
                  > >

                  > Sorry, Bill, you are merely setting up more contradictions with which to
                  > thwart yourself. Elsewhere, you often pledge your allegiance to capitalism,
                  > on the basis that IT WORKS. I can live with that as long as we understand IT
                  > WORKS to only mean that capitalism manages to reproduce itself. Limited this
                  > way, I totally agree with you, capitalism works, and many other economic
                  > -isms don't, insofar as capitalism manages to reproduce itself, while other
                  > economic -isms fall by the wayside.
                  >
                  > But your suggestion here that you are headed towards freedom is totally
                  > irreconcilable with your observation that capitalism will continue.
                  > Capitalism manages to reproduce itself because it can sell freedom as a
                  > commodity to the gullible likes of you, while being structurally dependent
                  > on depriving billions of their freedom. Oppression is the reality of
                  > capitalism, not freedom.
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  >

                  > Herman
                  > Herman, I refer you to the old adage,"The man with the gold makes the rules". I can make myself free when I make the rules. Just look out for Number One. Bill
                  > Let them not think I have the misapproitiation of ideal to dream that a
                  > > stone is forever. Burn me, to any mob ,I will not care , Atheism is the key
                  > > to an honest life. Bill

                • William
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 14, 2011

                    > Bill,
                    >
                    > No one need burn or crucify you, since we already got the memo that God is dead. When great minds like Hegel, Nietzsche, Zizek, or Bohm use the word 'Spirit,' they explicate something far more philosophical (in Bohm's case, scientific) than faith. I'm so fortunate in having found them after losing mine. To have done so before, would have trapped me in a snare more lasting than the Reformation. I'm merely arguing against segmentation and fragmentation in science, not for some New Age merging of faith and science.
                    >
                    > Mary
                    > Mary, I got the memo when I was seventeen but science was just a kernal in the back of my mind. My friends were into math as they wanted to go into actuarial science. The catholic school did not push science but math was deemed safe for the faithful. Those foul priests were busy denouncing Galeleo and it was so off course that any dummy could see they were monsterously wrong. So I went off into pure science,physics and chemistry . For me the great teacher was comparative anatomy. It literally sealed Darwin in stone. I did not lose my faith ,I was changed by science. By the time I finished organic chemistry and quantatative analysis I would not listen to anything about faith. That was when I had to leave church school and go to secular university.
                    The thing you said about new age merging of faith and science just put me off. I absolutely rejected that soft science and turned to politics as entrance into social sciences. Representative democracy is ,for me ,the check against rampant capitalism. One man one vote keeps Crassus at bey. I vote my pocket book and expect others to do the same. Socialists like Herman can be represented if they play hard but he wants it given to him and I learned long ago you have to take what you want. Capitalism curbed by representative democracy is never perfect but I am not fool enough to demand a life by waldons pond. If you want to eat you have to fish or cut bait. Bill

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                      Hi Bill,

                      On 15 May 2011 04:19, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

                      > Socialists like Herman can be represented if they play hard but he wants
                      > it given to him and I learned long ago you have to take what you want.
                      > Capitalism curbed by representative democracy is never perfect but I am not
                      > fool enough to demand a life by waldons pond. If you want to eat you have to
                      > fish or cut bait. Bill

                      I'm very happy to wear the label "socialist", indeed, proud to wear it. I
                      doubt very much that "I take what I want" describes you, Bill, but it does
                      well describe any sociopath :-)

                      Cheers

                      Herman

                      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Pauli knew that measurment was unpredictabile. Well I must agree, no
                      > one knows what is going to happen, no one knows the future. Prognasticators
                      > in many fields think the publishing of their theories will changre the
                      > future. I say they are egotistic fools. Economists are the most liable as
                      > their prognostications are pure conjecture. They identify a cycle and define
                      > the future in terms of prior numbers. There is no progression of numbers
                      > through history beyond the lapse of decades and the guesses of centuries.The
                      > whole business of prophecy and spiritual knowing is self serving propaganda.
                      >
                      > > > Now I have many disagreements with Marys definitions with the position
                      > of a scientist but she is not a scientist and at least defends logic and
                      > expermental reproductability .
                      > > > I understand my great progenitor Gallelo. The pope would burn him if he
                      > said what he knew. But he got it out and he is a hero in my like mind.
                      > People like the existentialists are predictable people as we have built a
                      > rational world. You weird post modernists , doesn`t a rarional world have
                      > some value to you.? As we say in the vernacular , FUCK you , you lose.
                      > > > Quo Vadis, toward freedom, toward the supression of the police state,
                      > toward the promise of a clean death.
                      > > > Let them not think I have the misapproitiation of ideal to dream that a
                      > stone is forever. Burn me, to any mob ,I will not care , Atheism is the key
                      > to an honest life. Bill

                    • Herman
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                        Hi Bill,

                        On 15 May 2011 03:34, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

                        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Bill,
                        > >
                        > > On 14 May 2011 14:10, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > Quo Vadis, toward freedom, toward the supression of the police state,
                        > > > toward the promise of a clean death.
                        > > >

                        > > Sorry, Bill, you are merely setting up more contradictions with which to
                        > > thwart yourself. Elsewhere, you often pledge your allegiance to
                        > capitalism,
                        > > on the basis that IT WORKS. I can live with that as long as we understand
                        > IT
                        > > WORKS to only mean that capitalism manages to reproduce itself. Limited
                        > this
                        > > way, I totally agree with you, capitalism works, and many other economic
                        > > -isms don't, insofar as capitalism manages to reproduce itself, while
                        > other
                        > > economic -isms fall by the wayside.
                        > >
                        > > But your suggestion here that you are headed towards freedom is totally
                        > > irreconcilable with your observation that capitalism will continue.
                        > > Capitalism manages to reproduce itself because it can sell freedom as a
                        > > commodity to the gullible likes of you, while being structurally
                        > dependent
                        > > on depriving billions of their freedom. Oppression is the reality of
                        > > capitalism, not freedom.
                        > >
                        > > Cheers
                        > >

                        > > Herman
                        > > Herman, I refer you to the old adage,"The man with the gold makes the
                        > rules". I can make myself free when I make the rules. Just look out for
                        > Number One. Bill

                        Every one of your rules and every enforcement of them will come back to bite
                        you in your ass. That's the dialectic for you. You are never free of cause
                        and effect. What you can be free of is a burning desire to control others,
                        and only in a socialist society would it be safe to assume such an attitude.

                        Cheers

                        Herman

                      • tom
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                          Certainly the USSR experience didn't result in an increase in freedom. East
                          Germany built a wall to prevent people from leaving. Socialism as posited in
                          theories seems to me a bit like a Yogi Berra quote I read recently "Theory
                          and practice are the same in theory;but in practice they are not."

                          Tom

                          Message 12 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                            Herman,

                            The dialectical motion of the notion eventually dissolves what is detrimental, not necessarily who is. A solitary with a gilded gun, who doesn't consider the miner, smithy, and neighbor as inter-connected, doesn't feel the ass bite. Others do, and they have nothing to lose by asserting their own will.

                            Message 13 of 24 , May 15, 2011

                              > Hi Bill,
                              >
                              > On 15 May 2011 03:34, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Hi Bill,

                              > > > Sorry, Bill, you are merely setting up more contradictions with which to
                              > > > thwart yourself. Elsewhere, you often pledge your allegiance to
                              > > capitalism,
                              > > > on the basis that IT WORKS. I can live with that as long as we understand
                              > > IT
                              > > > WORKS to only mean that capitalism manages to reproduce itself. Limited
                              > > this
                              > > > way, I totally agree with you, capitalism works, and many other economic
                              > > > -isms don't, insofar as capitalism manages to reproduce itself, while
                              > > other
                              > > > economic -isms fall by the wayside.
                              > > >
                              > > > But your suggestion here that you are headed towards freedom is totally
                              > > > irreconcilable with your observation that capitalism will continue.
                              > > > Capitalism manages to reproduce itself because it can sell freedom as a
                              > > > commodity to the gullible likes of you, while being structurally
                              > > dependent
                              > > > on depriving billions of their freedom. Oppression is the reality of
                              > > > capitalism, not freedom.
                              > > >
                              > > > Cheers
                              > > >

                              > > > Herman
                              > > > Herman, I refer you to the old adage,"The man with the gold makes the
                              > > rules". I can make myself free when I make the rules. Just look out for
                              > > Number One. Bill
                              > >

                              > Every one of your rules and every enforcement of them will come back to bite
                              > you in your ass. That's the dialectic for you. You are never free of cause
                              > and effect. What you can be free of is a burning desire to control others,
                              > and only in a socialist society would it be safe to assume such an attitude.
                              >
                              > Cheers
                              >
                              > Herman
                              > Herman, I have ,by now, plucked your feral teeth from my pink ass.I change my visions of serindipidy with regularity so your bite was tardy. I am nearing the terminus of capitalistic screwing everyone. I am joining you on the dole. Unlike you I have no moral trepitude about the switch. I want free medical, I want my COLA. I will oppose increases in school budgets and cost of living raises for government bureaucrats. As I despised socialists ,now I are one. I want the lazy socialists to work harder for me. I want them taxed to the hilt to feed, clothe and defend me.I want all of you with the pure socialist conscience to work fifty hour weeks so as to keep my standard of living intact until the day I croak.
                              I will pay homage to your socialist principles by throwing trash on the streets for you to pick up and not sorting my garbage as it exposes me to disease. I want you socialist heroes to preform to the max. The more you work the better I retire. Looking out for number one ,Herman, just looking out for number one. PS, If you lost any teeth in that last bite I will be happy to replace them with implants at four grand a tooth. Have an edentulous day. Bill

                            • Herman
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                                Hi Tom,

                                On 15 May 2011 22:50, tom <tsmith17_midsouth1@...> wrote:

                                Eastern European totalitarianism is not the same as socialism for me. Much
                                of Western Europe, to a greater or lesser degree, has already socialised a
                                broad range of public services.

                                In the US this has happened to a degree, but for some weird ideological
                                reason that remains limited to the socialising of the war and the "justice"
                                apparatus. Give it time, comrade :-)

                                Cheers

                                Herman

                              • Herman
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                                  Hi Mary,

                                  On 16 May 2011 00:27, Mary <josephson45r@...> wrote:

                                  > Herman,
                                  >
                                  > The dialectical motion of the notion eventually dissolves what is
                                  > detrimental, not necessarily who is. A solitary with a gilded gun, who
                                  > doesn't consider the miner, smithy, and neighbor as inter-connected, doesn't
                                  > feel the ass bite. Others do, and they have nothing to lose by asserting
                                  > their own will.

                                  The Notion of the Individual is itself a candidate for what you write. The
                                  El Dorado of individuals, up there in North America, is steadily lurching
                                  towards transformation into a collective. Give Obama another term, and
                                  socialised medicine will be a fait accompli.

                                  In the mean time, the solitary with his gun will learn beforehand that he
                                  will be remembered as a sociopath. That's is the legacy he will live.

                                  Cheers

                                  Herman

                                  > Mary
                                  >

                                  > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@...> wrote:
                                  > > Hi Bill,
                                  >
                                  > > Every one of your rules and every enforcement of them will come back to
                                  > bite
                                  > > you in your ass. That's the dialectic for you. You are never free of
                                  > cause
                                  > > and effect. What you can be free of is a burning desire to control
                                  > others,
                                  > > and only in a socialist society would it be safe to assume such an
                                  > attitude.

                                • Herman
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                                    Hi Bill,

                                    On 16 May 2011 04:56, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

                                    > > Herman, I have ,by now, plucked your feral teeth from my pink ass.I
                                    > change my visions of serindipidy with regularity so your bite was tardy. I
                                    > am nearing the terminus of capitalistic screwing everyone. I am joining you
                                    > on the dole.

                                    I work for my living, Bill, and I contribute willingly to the upkeep of
                                    those who cannot yet work, or can no more work.

                                    > Unlike you I have no moral trepitude about the switch. I want free medical,
                                    > I want my COLA. I will oppose increases in school budgets and cost of living
                                    > raises for government bureaucrats.

                                    I would rather that you opposed your obscene defense and "law and order"
                                    budgets. Then there'd be more for schools and healthcare etc.

                                    > As I despised socialists ,now I are one. I want the lazy socialists to work
                                    > harder for me. I want them taxed to the hilt to feed, clothe and defend me.I
                                    > want all of you with the pure socialist conscience to work fifty hour weeks
                                    > so as to keep my standard of living intact until the day I croak.
                                    > I will pay homage to your socialist principles by throwing trash on the
                                    > streets for you to pick up and not sorting my garbage as it exposes me to
                                    > disease. I want you socialist heroes to preform to the max. The more you
                                    > work the better I retire. Looking out for number one ,Herman, just looking
                                    > out for number one. PS, If you lost any teeth in that last bite I will be
                                    > happy to replace them with implants at four grand a tooth. Have an
                                    > edentulous day.

                                    Looking out for number one becomes maladaptive when you are caught in a
                                    logjam of likeminded ones. I am happy enough for you to die the way you have
                                    lived, in the jungle.

                                    Cheers

                                    Herman

                                    > Bill

                                  • irvhal
                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 15, 2011
                                      I must disagree with the Hegelian notion that privileges subjectivity over Being, or in the inevitability of a socialist collective in America. Home, Heidegger would say, is dwelling or shared being with one's Folk, and Americans aren't eager to buy into an expanded welfare state when their sovereignty and treasury are threatened by porous borders and an unfettered Latino invasion. Intellectual or other elites might disagree. They, in turn, remind me when Bogey told that uber confident German in "Casablanca" that he'd seen nothing till he tangled with the really tough boys in the Bowery. And similarly cocky Leftists here have already had one electoral bruising from the Tea Party.

                                      Irvin

                                      > The Notion of the Individual is itself a candidate for what you write. The
                                      > El Dorado of individuals, up there in North America, is steadily lurching
                                      > towards transformation into a collective. Give Obama another term, and
                                      > socialised medicine will be a fait accompli.
                                      >
                                      > In the mean time, the solitary with his gun will learn beforehand that he
                                      > will be remembered as a sociopath. That's is the legacy he will live.
                                      >
                                      > Cheers
                                      >

                                      > Herman<
                                    • Herman
                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                        Hey Irvin,

                                        On 16 May 2011 10:37, irvhal <i99hj@...> wrote:

                                        > I must disagree with the Hegelian notion that privileges subjectivity over
                                        > Being, or in the inevitability of a socialist collective in America. Home,
                                        > Heidegger would say, is dwelling or shared being with one's Folk, and
                                        > Americans aren't eager to buy into an expanded welfare state when their
                                        > sovereignty and treasury are threatened by porous borders and an unfettered
                                        > Latino invasion. Intellectual or other elites might disagree. They, in turn,
                                        > remind me when Bogey told that uber confident German in "Casablanca" that
                                        > he'd seen nothing till he tangled with the really tough boys in the Bowery.
                                        > And similarly cocky Leftists here have already had one electoral bruising
                                        > from the Tea Party.

                                        Are Americans an aggregate of individuals or a collective, or something
                                        else? Are Latinos, to individual Americans, collectively, individuals or a
                                        tide? And what of the Tea Party? A collective that insists on the
                                        individuality of each of them?

                                        Cheers

                                        Herman

                                        Irvin

                                      • eupraxis@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                          Irwin is only concerned with REAL Americans -- Anglo-Saxons, the ones with that heritage-volk thing.

                                          Wil

                                          > I must disagree with the Hegelian notion that privileges subjectivity over

                                          > Being, or in the inevitability of a socialist collective in America. Home,

                                          > Heidegger would say, is dwelling or shared being with one's Folk, and

                                          > Americans aren't eager to buy into an expanded welfare state when their

                                          > sovereignty and treasury are threatened by porous borders and an unfettered

                                          > Latino invasion. Intellectual or other elites might disagree. They, in turn,

                                          > remind me when Bogey told that uber confident German in "Casablanca" that

                                          > he'd seen nothing till he tangled with the really tough boys in the Bowery.

                                          > And similarly cocky Leftists here have already had one electoral bruising

                                          > from the Tea Party.

                                          Are Americans an aggregate of individuals or a collective, or something

                                          else? Are Latinos, to individual Americans, collectively, individuals or a

                                          tide? And what of the Tea Party? A collective that insists on the

                                          individuality of each of them?

                                          Cheers

                                          Herman

                                          Irvin

                                          > > The Notion of the Individual is itself a candidate for what you write.

                                          > The

                                          > > El Dorado of individuals, up there in North America, is steadily lurching

                                          > > towards transformation into a collective. Give Obama another term, and

                                          > > socialised medicine will be a fait accompli.

                                          > > In the mean time, the solitary with his gun will learn beforehand that he

                                          > > will be remembered as a sociopath. That's is the legacy he will live.

                                          > > Cheers

                                          > > Herman<

                                          Individual Email | Traditional

                                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          existlist-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                          existlist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        • irvhal
                                          Message 20 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                            For economy, let us say that concepts, including "social constructs," are that by which we apprehend reality, and that Being will ultimately cull the wheat from the chaff.

                                            Irvin

                                          • eupraxis@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                              Sieg heil, baby.

                                              Wil

                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                                Hello Herman,

                                                > The Notion of the Individual is itself a candidate for what you write. The
                                                > El Dorado of individuals, up there in North America, is steadily lurching
                                                > towards transformation into a collective. Give Obama another term, and
                                                > socialised medicine will be a fait accompli.

                                                I agree.

                                                > In the mean time, the solitary with his gun will learn beforehand that he
                                                > will be remembered as a sociopath. That's is the legacy he will live.

                                                How does a sociopath realize he is sociopath?

                                                Mary
                                              • William
                                                Message 23 of 24 , May 16, 2011

                                                  > Sieg heil, baby.
                                                  >
                                                  > Wil
                                                  > Wil, better the straight arm salute than the creeps who hum edelvise all day. You mentioned the price of a certain book and I thought of how the right wing has deteroriated into junk writers and reality TV creeps. Huckleberry has a show and quit politics, Trump has a show and walked away from politics, Palin has several books and is too busy to be gouvenor. It seems time to just say no to reality TV and paperback trash books.
                                                  I have seen that crap so distort lives as to detach some from reality. Even Elliot Spitser and his bombshell boob of the month have some relation to a rational train of thought. Talk about an easy deal, Obama just has to order a few hits and its White House here I come. You think Emmanuel can find his buddy a few hitters? They will sleep with the fishes. Bill

                                                • Herman
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                                                    Hi Mary,

                                                    On 17 May 2011 03:22, Mary <josephson45r@...> wrote:

                                                    > > In the mean time, the solitary with his gun will learn beforehand that he
                                                    > > will be remembered as a sociopath. That's is the legacy he will live.
                                                    >
                                                    > How does a sociopath realize he is sociopath?

                                                    Well, you got me there :-) Sociopaths remain a problem.

                                                    Cheers

                                                    Herman