Re: Free Will..........

  • james tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2002
      of course, the question some can pose is: is our will really uncaused, even
      if it eludes our awareness of its cause (if indeed it eludes). we are
      afterall biological being, and how much do we understand of biology and its
      working on our system to be able to conclude that our will is 'really'
      uncaused? free will may ultimately be illusionary (not that it is). such
      question can never be answered, but a fact is, we live AS IF we are free
      being.

      james.

      From: "heindrich m�ller" <albatros444@...>
      Subject: Re: [Sartre] Re: Free Will..........
      Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:32:06 +0100

      In a diskussion of determinism vs. free will the definition of a free will
      is, as I see it, that of a 'contra-causal' will - that is human beings'
      ability to make an autonomous choice that does not have a cause other than
      itself! Other definitions of will are missing the point of the discussion.
      They can deny this definition of will saying it is a wrong definition but
      that dosn't solve the problem at issue. The problem of free will vs.
      determinism goes on and on....

      ....untill of course the free will becomes selfevident after a qiuck look in
      the mirror seeing yourself raising the hand - just because you want to.

      - Soeren E :O)

      >From: masha <masha@...>
      >>Subject: [Sartre] Re: Free Will..........
      >Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 22:06:17 +0100
      >

      >smbc1@... wrote:
      >
      > > Free will: Although all is rigedly fixed, it is fixed in such a
      > > way which "appears" to allow for a vague, minute degree or
      > > definite type of latitude & this latitude most resolute!
      >

      >hushdavid@... wrote:
      >
      > > I would love to hear a good argument against indeterminism.
      >

      >I would like to hear the definition of will.
      >
      >Mr. Bones

      <A
      HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/?keyword=Jean-Paul+Sartre&tag=donaldrobertson">Click
      here to purchase books by Jean-Paul Sartre -in association with Amazon
      (US).</A>