Re: Introducting legislation to limit population increase

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 86 , May 1 2:51 PM
      Tom,

      In terms of the threat from climate change, it is the rich Europeans and Americans with their large carbon foot-prints who are endangering the survival of the human species.

      That is why I think we in the rich West should be leading the way in reducing population levels. Restricting parents to three children each is no big deal!

      Jim
      Message 86 of 86 , May 2 8:37 AM
        Hi Jim and Herman,

        I'm glad to see your suggestions, Herman, are more moderate this time around. However, Jim, sensing these unnatural population curbs are not quick enough for Bill's tastes either, I'm thinking three children per couple is too high and not compensatory enough for our over consumption. For the most part I agree with both of you, and apologize for blurting out statistics concerning birth defects, infertility, and autism out of context. Not able to find solid numbers on autism worldwide, I can only assume they're rising like the infertility and birth defect rates which are higher in developing countries because health care and pollution are worse. I'll not bother with my usual breast beating, because I love my children more than my own life.