Re: Population

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2011

      > Bill
      >
      > It appears that when people move from agrarian to commercial industrial life, birth rates fall off. Children can begin to pull their weight on a farm at a young age, but in an industrial society with child labor laws and compulsory education, people usually adapt fast. I certainly favor not encouraging high birth rates by limiting children for which welfare will be paid, but as for increasing big brother to criminalize reproducing beyond a certain number, I certainly think it is unwise and unnecesary in the US and Europe.
      >
      > Peace
      > Tom

      It is not racism to discourage undisciplined reproduction but the old order will scream it to be such. It took almost ninty years to overthrow slavery and I think overpopulation will some day be viewed as a crime just as slavery now is. The problem here can be solved by law and science. In the unbridled parts of the planet the bloody old ways will continue and you know organisations like CIA are counting. I am happy to know they are watching, and aiding what sometimes seems the wrong side. I think the drones will come more and more into this conflict as killing with a joy stick is preferrable to a bayonett. It is just a video game and the operator goes home to the wife and kiddies none the worse for wear. It is possible to design systems where the operator does not know if the targets are real or fictional. There are nuances of machine war that few have contemplated. Science fiction is here and the rules of engagement are being written. Bill