Re: Teddybears and protein

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011

      > Hi Bill,
      >
      > Societies like the USA and Australia hardly have a history; and that only
      > because the previous incumbent societies have been utterly destroyed. In a
      > new society, meanings and values are up for grabs. In old societies,
      > societies with a history, meanings and values are inscribed on things, they
      > are not up for grabs. India, China, Russia, Europe can afford to wait for
      > the dust arising from our birth to settle. They, after all, already know who
      > they are.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Herman
      > Herman, we actually have the same histories as we all came out of africa. All this pedigree garbage is just an attempt at gaining a competative advantage. Those with heriditary wealth rely on the family to attach some value to their lazy lives. Family collectivity seems against individualistic, existentialism. Being immersed in familial zenophobia is a self imposed imprisonment. If you have the wealth such a life can provide great security, I think it depends upon your tolerance for risk and how competative you are. I left home for good at seventeen , I could no longer live under the catholic church and family rules.
      It seems to me that more and more people break away from family but that is just an observation. Serial monogamy has been good to me as I remained free and happy in a series of couplings. A man needs a maid[Neal Young} and a woman needs a breadwinner, out of that not so romantic axiom a stable life can be forged , broken and reforged. As to civilasations ,well that is a concept that is most vague. If you compair the Egyptians of 2000BC and the Myans of 1000AD they were of relatively equil advancement. Now both civilisations are in utter decline , approaching anarchy. The efforts of man,even in collectives, can and are hobbled and broken by forces of nature. So the pedigrees and nuclear families work sometimes and fail sometimes. But as Stephen Stills says"What we can`t do is to try something new" .See how we hate the polygamists and hippie collectivists. Bill