RE: Digest Number 119

  • Rajiv Pande
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1999
      Dear Randy,
      So here I am again in the vicious circle of Randian debate. Good show Randy, but please clarify. The names of facts, and how they are expressed is arbitrary. Universal agreement is possible only if the perceptions of each individual coincide with the factual statement.
      "Do you see a ball?"
      "But I call it a sphere"
      "I call it a ball"
      "OK"
      "Do you see it as RED?"
      "I don't know what is red"
      "Red is a color"
      "What is a color?"
      Randy, the establishment of agreement depends heavily on external conventions and standards. Facts are not easily to establish. Even science, pure physics, is sometimes open to debate!
      Regards
      Rajiv

      [This message contained attachments]