Re: Self / Other

    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 1, 2011
      Herman,

      I agree with this, and tack on a reply to your other post. I'm having difficulty understanding how organized action is less harmful than personal non-action, with this latter seeming impossible. You think organized activities exacerbate or escalate what? And I suspect non-organized activity is still action, through our ordinary daily choices, such as what we consume, where are taxes are spent, etc.

      > Hi all,
      >
      > This post could have been tacked on to many recent posts. For many recent
      > posts have triggered these thoughts.
      >
      > I thought'd I'd avoid the injustice of it all, and start a new thread.
      >
      > The category Self is no more than an instance of the category Other.
      >
      > There is, in reality, no privileged access to Self that justifies
      > demarcation from Other.
      >
      > Sartre was very precisely accurate in noticing that all phenomena are Other,
      > in their structural dependence on negation.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Herman

    • Herman
      Message 67 of 67 , Apr 23, 2011
        Thanks for your thoughts, Bill, Mary and Jim,

        Much appreciated.

        Cheers

        Herman