Charity, love and other garbage

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2011
      I have spoken against some sacred cows and know I am reviled by the politically correct majority on this list. If love[ agape, sexual love, love of neighbor, charity with any number of supplicants }is to be taken back to the tribe, it comes to the same source, the strong individual. Fn understood this simple initiative but it has been forgotten here. The hunt leader who struck for blood, the warrior who risk all and killed the tribes enemies are forgotten by the secondary creatures of want. Look at all the beta males running for their lives in the libian saharah. The lion arranges their inconsequential lives by his existance. He has the gold and he makes the rules. I am sure they will gouge out his eyes and cut off his members but the beggers are still subserviant, wailing in their collectivity for a new champion to combat their fears and provide for their weakness.
      All your chirping about the necessity of group cohesion and propriety in relations are just weak attempts at secound tier survival. Look at Jeramyah Johnson. He left his tribe in the muddy flat lands and fought alone in the high places. He denounced the other tribes and wasted many of their best . He had no tribe and they all feared him, hunted him, hated him. He was the existentialist that FN spoke of.
      So go give to The United Way and sign up for your food stamps and unemployment benefits, you are not living an existential life you are group breathing in commensual death. Bill
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2011
        Bill,

        Two points. 1) FN doesn't speak against charity (or any of its analogues); he speaks against pity. I think that is a different thing. 2) But even if that is not correct, it is surely the case that he would have thrown up his lunch at Norman Rockwell illustrations, and would not go along with this "folk heritage" business. My point was not to extol the virtue of charity; it was to keep it from being race-related.

        Wil

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2011