RE: [existlist] Happy New Year

  • greg goodwin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
      Ryan and Eduard,
      I would be happy to throw forth my input to your
      writings as I, too, am trying to be an aspiring
      scribe, though my aim is currently more novelesk than
      short stories and I presently have several I labor
      over when the urge strikes; a semi-romantic tale, a
      rather erotic murder endeavor that makes it hard to
      write much at a time and more mundane cowboy epics
      that I strive to keep with traditional style for
      saleability while I keep wanting to throw my own
      twists in for myself, the thought of someone paying to
      read something I've written is appealing.
      Greg

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Eduard Alf
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
        Greg,

        I tried the novel bit. But then I get to the usual sex chapter and after a
        few minutes of effort, I lose interest, and end up wanting a cigarette.
        Short stories seem to have more potential.

        --- Eduard Alf <yeoman@...> wrote:
        > Ryan,
        >
        > If you get to your novels and need someone to do I a
        > review, I'm game.
        >
        > I am trying to do short stories myself.
        >
        > eduard

        http://greetings.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • greg goodwin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
          Perhaps that is why I am working on several different
          story lines instead of finishing one. I seem to reach
          a point of sweating and close breath, and then
          I lose my train of thought!! Damn!!!
          Greg

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Bill Harris
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
            Eduard, Are you trying to tell us that sex is like the washing, if it is a
            small load you can do it by hand? Bill
            > I tried the novel bit. But then I get to the usual sex chapter and after
            > few minutes of effort, I lose interest, and end up wanting a cigarette.
            > Short stories seem to have more potential.
            >
            > eduard

          • Dick.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2012
              Happy New Year

              Face your life AS IS. Have you ever done that? You people are truly
              beyond the pale. You talk all this hybrid nonsense about it is only the
              brain or it is only consciousness; thinking is all that there is, etc ad
              nausea. Only, only only!! But what are you LIVING? You never tell me.
              What IS your daily life? What is it like? What do you do each day? No
              matter what it is that is issuing forth your conscious existence WHAT is
              it like living it???? TELL ME! I have told you what it is like living
              life transcendent and imminent. You laugh and tell me that you know
              better. So tell me what you are living. But you never do. Ahh, the art
              of communication.

              You waffle on endlessly about philosophy and words yet what is it like
              when you wake up in the morning? What is all around you? What is it
              like living it? What do you do? How do you feel about it all? THAT IS
              YOUR LIFE! You watch movies and read books until you are puddled and
              muddled. But when you switch the movie off or put the book down then
              what are you LIVING?

              Rap up every moment of your life experience into one ball – what was
              it like? Which were the best bits and which were the worst bits? Try
              being honest and real for ONCE in your life! For Ker-Riced sake stop
              telling me what you believe, what you think, and tell me what you are
              LIVING ! Do you like it or don't you? What is it that you want?
              What is it that you don't want? By what do you judge these things.
              Is your life like a poem or piss-bin? What active part do you play in
              it? Or don't you?

              Most of you seem to have divine gods, so what are they telling you?
              Where are they? What are they like? What is your living experience of
              them? Who is living in a fantasy you or me? Or you folks who are
              simply a brain in a bone jar; what is it like in there? Can you get
              out? What is it like being trapped in there? Tell me. Be honest? Do you
              know what that means? It means tell the truth of what you are living and
              what you see around you and how you feel about it? Do you know what
              telling the truth IS?

              Forget all this wordy jargon about what you think brought you forth and
              why, just tell me what you found by living it. Can you do that? If not
              then what was the point of living it? And no matter what brought you
              forth do you feel worthy of all the stuff and energy which is invested
              in your being? You keep telling me what everything is about. Fine. What
              are you about? What is your life about? Who are you trying to fool and
              why? They tell me that another year starts tomorrow, so what are you
              going to do with it and why? That task falls upon you. So what will you
              do with it? Will it be worth doing? Some tell me that life is an
              unknowable mystery, yet you are living it. Don't you know that? Some
              tell me that there is no mystery. So you know and understand everything
              eh? Yet you do not tell me what it is like being conscious and living
              it. What is it that you are conscious of? Tell me that. Have you ever
              tried undoing all the crap and starting again? Would you like another go
              at it? If so then what would you do? You tell me of the past; you tell
              me of the future. But tell me what you are living NOW. Or have you
              done it all and seen it all? If so then how do you know that? What is
              of value to you? Do you know? Have you ever taken the time to consider
              it? Do you really study yourself? Truthfully and Sincerely? You have
              had enough time to do it.

              Happy new year; and may it be worth living it.

              Dick Richardson