RE: [existlist] Morals

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 2, 2002
      Bill,

      Like I said, I feel for you. People prefer to turn a blind eye to the
      problem, since money is involved. The same thing happens here. There is a
      lot of communities up river which do not have proper run-off facilities.
      When it rains, they have to close all the beaches around Ottawa. And now
      the Rideau Canal, which links Ottawa to Lake Ontario [it was built by the
      British as a military project in view possible US invasion] is being
      overcome with weeds. The same happens to the Ottawa. I sort of live a
      dilemma. When the water is too cold and I cant go swimming, the weeds have
      yet to proliferate, but in late summer when the water is warmer, there is
      nothing but weeds.

      I can understand your problem with a relatively closed society. It is easy
      to convince oneself that sex on the internet is more of an issue than toxins
      in the aquifer.