Re: [existlist] Happy New Year

  • George Walton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2 5:10 AM
      I can't decide: are questions like this as far removed from or as closely entwined in conventional wisdom regarding What Philosophy Is And Why It Is So Important?

      But, what the hell, I'll give it a go.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2 12:50 PM
        Ryan,

        If you get to your novels and need someone to do I a review, I'm game.

        I am trying to do short stories myself.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2 1:13 PM
          Ryan and Eduard,
          I would be happy to throw forth my input to your
          writings as I, too, am trying to be an aspiring
          scribe, though my aim is currently more novelesk than
          short stories and I presently have several I labor
          over when the urge strikes; a semi-romantic tale, a
          rather erotic murder endeavor that makes it hard to
          write much at a time and more mundane cowboy epics
          that I strive to keep with traditional style for
          saleability while I keep wanting to throw my own
          twists in for myself, the thought of someone paying to
          read something I've written is appealing.
          Greg

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Eduard Alf
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2 2:52 PM
            Greg,

            I tried the novel bit. But then I get to the usual sex chapter and after a
            few minutes of effort, I lose interest, and end up wanting a cigarette.
            Short stories seem to have more potential.

            --- Eduard Alf <yeoman@...> wrote:
            > Ryan,
            >
            > If you get to your novels and need someone to do I a
            > review, I'm game.
            >
            > I am trying to do short stories myself.
            >
            > eduard

            http://greetings.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • greg goodwin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2 3:47 PM
              Perhaps that is why I am working on several different
              story lines instead of finishing one. I seem to reach
              a point of sweating and close breath, and then
              I lose my train of thought!! Damn!!!
              Greg

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
            • Bill Harris
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3 7:29 AM
                Eduard, Are you trying to tell us that sex is like the washing, if it is a
                small load you can do it by hand? Bill
                > I tried the novel bit. But then I get to the usual sex chapter and after
                > few minutes of effort, I lose interest, and end up wanting a cigarette.
                > Short stories seem to have more potential.
                >
                > eduard

              • Dick.
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 31, 2012
                  Happy New Year

                  Face your life AS IS. Have you ever done that? You people are truly
                  beyond the pale. You talk all this hybrid nonsense about it is only the
                  brain or it is only consciousness; thinking is all that there is, etc ad
                  nausea. Only, only only!! But what are you LIVING? You never tell me.
                  What IS your daily life? What is it like? What do you do each day? No
                  matter what it is that is issuing forth your conscious existence WHAT is
                  it like living it???? TELL ME! I have told you what it is like living
                  life transcendent and imminent. You laugh and tell me that you know
                  better. So tell me what you are living. But you never do. Ahh, the art
                  of communication.

                  You waffle on endlessly about philosophy and words yet what is it like
                  when you wake up in the morning? What is all around you? What is it
                  like living it? What do you do? How do you feel about it all? THAT IS
                  YOUR LIFE! You watch movies and read books until you are puddled and
                  muddled. But when you switch the movie off or put the book down then
                  what are you LIVING?

                  Rap up every moment of your life experience into one ball – what was
                  it like? Which were the best bits and which were the worst bits? Try
                  being honest and real for ONCE in your life! For Ker-Riced sake stop
                  telling me what you believe, what you think, and tell me what you are
                  LIVING ! Do you like it or don't you? What is it that you want?
                  What is it that you don't want? By what do you judge these things.
                  Is your life like a poem or piss-bin? What active part do you play in
                  it? Or don't you?

                  Most of you seem to have divine gods, so what are they telling you?
                  Where are they? What are they like? What is your living experience of
                  them? Who is living in a fantasy you or me? Or you folks who are
                  simply a brain in a bone jar; what is it like in there? Can you get
                  out? What is it like being trapped in there? Tell me. Be honest? Do you
                  know what that means? It means tell the truth of what you are living and
                  what you see around you and how you feel about it? Do you know what
                  telling the truth IS?

                  Forget all this wordy jargon about what you think brought you forth and
                  why, just tell me what you found by living it. Can you do that? If not
                  then what was the point of living it? And no matter what brought you
                  forth do you feel worthy of all the stuff and energy which is invested
                  in your being? You keep telling me what everything is about. Fine. What
                  are you about? What is your life about? Who are you trying to fool and
                  why? They tell me that another year starts tomorrow, so what are you
                  going to do with it and why? That task falls upon you. So what will you
                  do with it? Will it be worth doing? Some tell me that life is an
                  unknowable mystery, yet you are living it. Don't you know that? Some
                  tell me that there is no mystery. So you know and understand everything
                  eh? Yet you do not tell me what it is like being conscious and living
                  it. What is it that you are conscious of? Tell me that. Have you ever
                  tried undoing all the crap and starting again? Would you like another go
                  at it? If so then what would you do? You tell me of the past; you tell
                  me of the future. But tell me what you are living NOW. Or have you
                  done it all and seen it all? If so then how do you know that? What is
                  of value to you? Do you know? Have you ever taken the time to consider
                  it? Do you really study yourself? Truthfully and Sincerely? You have
                  had enough time to do it.

                  Happy new year; and may it be worth living it.

                  Dick Richardson