Toward Tripoli

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 4:55 PM
      The US is back on the trigger, to fight or not to fight . I`ll take a side and then say why. No, no fighting without guarantee of reward for our blood and treasure. We are now well programmed to see gadaffe as a mad man and villan. What if it were still in our national interest to support him? Why don`t we help him supress the rebellion and for that we want a greater share in oil wealth. The Brits , Italians and Germans are considering similar plots as a piece of the oil is better than supply disruption and endless civil war.
      A battle for a city will be won by a state and the only state existing over the ancient tribes of Libia is Gadaffie.
      Radical Islam ,i.e. Al Queda, wants the civil war, such instability suits their general strategic plan. Let`s give Gadaffie an offer he can`t refuse. We will not give the rebels an air cover guarantee. We did that in Cuba but did not tell the Bay of Pigs invaders. Castro has remained in power for all these years so was the strategy a success?
      All the idealistic crap set aside we can use the oil money and the moslem brotherhood can get busy feeding the people. Our enemy, radical islam is left holding a shit bag of terrorist plans and nobody caring for their idealogy. Every one of these old system governments is going to present different options, risks and opportunities. Now it could be radical islam might pay us for a no fly zone but I do not think they can afford US. Bill