Re: Leon’s Accent

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9 12:56 PM
      Cheers. Time I was gone eh.

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" dick.richardson@ wrote:
      > >
      > > OK thanks for the info. So it is all going on the malls eh. No
      wonder I
      > > could not find any life. I will not tell Leon that you called him a
      > > Hillbilly. He lives up in Bath Maine, and he was the chief engineer
      on
      > > the largest USA Nuke sub they had a while back. Quite a few PhDs
      > > qualifications et all. He can write well too. Why do you say things
      like
      > > that? It does not do much for you, can you not just be pleasant for
      > > some of the time ? Did somebody badly upset you when you were
      young? As
      > > for you getting mysticism then don't worry about it. I don't think
      > > there is much chance of that happening while you are here.
      > > Dick, I am fascinated by the progression of American lifestyles. You
      in europe seem anchored it your ancestrial city types but here the
      landscape just reworks itself in a rather random way. Perhaps the most
      radical example was the sale of a friends house in aspen. A nice home,5
      bedrooms but torn down for the land , my friend paid Sixty grand and
      got one point five million. The whole business of setting values
      especially the advertising and propaganda seem to have broken down. As
      Tom pointed out the old rock and rool no longer assaults the authority
      and the authority writhes in its prosperity. You can be a hillbilly and
      have a phd, you just won`t smell any better. Bill
      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@>
      > > wrote:

      > > and a
      > > that
      > > that
      > > that
      > > up
      > > :- )
      > > too
      > > heard
      > > deep
      > > The
      > > opposite.

      Centres
      > > in
      > > shops
      > > centre
      > > Take
      > > when I
      > > put
      > > Square,
      Cafes,
      > > with
      Weird !

      > > meaning over here. The new and fantastic mall here is called Jordan
      > > Creek Town Center. It is fifteen miles from the city center, it is
      in
      > > the burbs which are going through radical restructuring. Jordan
      Creek is
      > > all you described as at the center of your English citys. Retail is
      at
      > > the hub, restaurants theatres, professional services, and now
      apartments
      > > and town houses. Microsoft is moving in but the area is ten years
      > > behind schedual as the financial crisis blew the capital base out
      from
      > > under it . In that time the size and description of realestate has
      > > changed. Much more multiple dwelling and less mini mansion
      residential.
      > > These things are not organised as municipalities but are parts of
      burbs.
      > > I have lived in or have owned a business in the burm that
      encompasses
      > > Jordan Creek, twenty years ago I practised in the first tier mall
      that
      > > supercided Jordan Creek. Rent became so high in Valley West that I
      moved
      > > to business space.
      > > > The looming battle here is between county and state government
      which
      > > are both archaic and of little worth. That is a war for gambaling
      > > revenues and federal grants. The Towne Center has its own security
      force
      > > and clears its own snow and mows its grass.
      > > > Leon sounds like a hillbilly and if you have a big enough cage you
      can
      > > have him shipped over. He will be like a biker without manners. I
      know
      > > that voice gets the women, they used to swoon at Clinton rallies.
      That