Re: For Dick

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2011
      Do you really need this nationalistic fandango of mob culture to cling
      to like a security blanket? You don't have to allow others to drag
      you down to their level, nor migrate to it of your own choosing. Is it
      filling a gap of some kind? Oh well, good luck. Remember what your
      momma don tol you when you were in knee pants.

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@...>
      wrote:

      > I am prepairing for the Super Bowl which is emblymatic of our real
      religion, FOOTBALL. It is crass and overblown but it is better than this
      blasted and unending winter. We got blasted by more snow and the wife
      got a hummer stuck in the front yard. There is no place to put more snow
      so we park in the yards.
      > I think those who evolved in warmer climes had a jump on we cave and
      hut dwellers of the north. They could see the stars year round and could
      observe the cycles of the Zodiak year round.
      > Your idea of a more evolved species could be happening as we watch.
      Both experience and the books will meld with computers ,communication
      and innovative thinking might move us to greater understanding of our
      place in this universe. My astrolathe points to the pole star and if the
      sun would come out it might suggest the time of day. Such a complex and
      artful instrument with no moving parts but unceasing function. At one
      time it was supreme in the theory of time and its inventor may have
      been a separate departure of the advanced man.
      > It seems Americans believe in competition to be the cradle of
      invention. The space race with the Russians cemented that in our minds
      so we pursue too much from a competative perspective.
      > You are fortunate to be in England this weekend as the Superbowl is a
      piggish,capitalist feast. You can`t get properly fucked up as the next
      day is a workday. The bosses understand that and grant a half assed
      holiday in the zenith of winter. We must keep those noses to the gring
      stone as the mighty bottom line must be achieved. So have a nice game
      of chess as we watch giant men crush and mash each other into
      submission. Now we walk out on the game and watch the commercials,
      sometimes I think we are going into devolution. Bill