Re: Colliding Galaxies

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      Re: Colliding Galaxies

      [ Dick, I have often pondered a galactic collision. So where would your
      point of
      observation be? That question always gets me into concepts of time and
      distance. If you were alone in intergalactic space how could you
      communicate
      what you have observed.The whole problem has impossibilities of scale
      that
      seem life span impairments . Since we are in a galaxy we see a panoply
      of
      stars. Were we in intergalactic space we would need be on a ship not a
      planet
      as it seems planets do not exist in intergalactic space. This ship would
      need to
      be far enough away from the colliding galaxys to observe their
      diameters, that
      observation point would be thousands of light years away from the event.
      Nothing would seem to appear during a human lifetime. The situation is
      voided by
      time and distance and therefore is a fantasy idea but it is fun to think
      about.
      I have seen the moc up computer simulations of galactic collision and
      they are
      portrayed as swirling disks of stars but as d Dick says there should be
      no
      collisions of stars, we can see the computer model but I do not think
      any human
      will see the actual event, it is not for us and if not for us, for whom.
      Bill ]

      Yes, it is pure fantasy on my part, and for the trilogy novel of course.
      But I concentrate on human interactions not stars and galaxies merging,
      but of people and civilisations merging; and sometimes for needs must :-
      ) However, the phenomena itself is plainly no fantasy. And life could
      exist in one or both merging galaxies.

      As for existing in deep space between galaxies in a space ship then I
      have no idea, and I for sure aint going there to find out :- ) But I
      would imagine communication would take a while. Nice view however.
      Maybe deep inter-galactic space is a safer place to live than in a
      galaxy. At least the rain in Spain wont fall on that lot :- ) But they
      aint going to drag me away from under a tree by a sweet flowing stream.
      Man, I am earthbound :- )

      Anyway, I have a nice bit of music lined up for the wedding of two
      galaxies; the Kyrie from Misa Criolla …

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZl8yMH5TLA
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZl8yMH5TLA>

      See how you like it.

      Oh, by the way, Jack Rider chose it for his wedding to Kathleen
      D'Urbaville at Oare Church. You know what happens during weddings
      at Oare Church don't you. BANG! But maybe not this time, we will
      see. But you never know untill it happens :- )

      Dick