This is what happens Bob

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2011
      This is what happens Bob

      This is the kind of thing which happens Bob if you try to avoid playing
      by just dancing around with your Knights. In this example the game is
      over on the fourth move. Chess is a very clever game, and it took
      hundreds of years to evolve to what it is now. It is not so much as to
      how something started out but rather as to how it finishes up.
      Intelligence has to come on the scene for that. Humanity will get it
      over the board one fine day.

      White Black

      Normal He who dances with Knights.

      Player

      1. e4 Nf6

      2. Qf3 Nc6

      3. Bc4 Ng8

      4. Qxf7 mate.

      If you do not accept that just dancing around with your Knights will
      cost you the game then take on any average club player and they will
      soon prove to you the contrary. The goal of chess is to enjoy it. The
      objective of chess is try and win it. You will achieve neither by not
      playing it properly and getting stuck in.

      A one time chess player many years ago. I gave it up at 27 to get on
      with living life. Twenty years at it was enough. And I never wanted to
      to learn what you are and then you get a better idea as to where you
      want to go, and why, and how to get there. As it is in chess too.

      I once wrote on a group (and in the book too I think) about a man who
      claimed that he had never been beaten at chess, and after playing many
      games. It was a really fun thing to take on and a really good story to
      tell. It was when I was working at an Electronics factory for a year and
      he was the second in command of the factory :- ) Man there is a lot of
      fun and excitement in chess. I could write a book on it. But I aint
      going to.

      rwr