Pope poop

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
      The pope thinks christians are the most persecuted religion, I must say I hope so. Christians and their twisted morality cause a great deal of discord in the world and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
      Now the strategic plans of the church say the blood of martyrs is the seed of the church but Neitche says that which does not kill me makes me stronger. There is a huge difference between those two perspectives.
      The problem I have as an American is that our constitution demands all religions be allowed. Should that cause the US to defend Christians outside this country. I see that as a political question and I vote "no" to any interventions to defend or save christians. I do not want to pay taxes to fight for them and I do not want to have GI`s killed defending them.I wonder what our Protestant members might think about this matter? Bill
    • tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
        Bill

        As a non interventionist libertarian I agree with you.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
          This is where Bohm would point to incoherence and Zizek to hypocrisy. To be Christian is a call to a radical life, one of self-sacrifice for others, not one of heirarchical privilege. If they were truly faithful, the pope and cardinals would offer to exchange their lives for the persecuted.