Told that I worry too much

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010
      Told that I worry too much

      I was told today by the youngest kid that I worry too much. That, to me
      seems impossible, yet could it be true? And if so then how much is too
      much? Are you aware of worrying, and as to how much you worry? Huh,
      from out of the mouths of babes and sucklings.

      A couple of days ago she told me about a kitten that was living in the
      stables where she had worked a few times a week for the last couple of
      years. She has been baby sitting for them for over two years and also
      teaching their kids to ride and also looking after all their horses when
      they are away. She has to notify them when she is back home from
      University to go there and get on with it all again. They think the
      world of her, and she earns so much for just a few hours work. Man are
      they stinking wealthy. How do they do it? :- ) You should see the
      bloody great mansion they live in on acres of ground. How the other
      half live eh.

      Anyway, she asked me if I wanted to go with her today whilst she put
      the horses away, mucked out a bit and fed them and I could have a look
      at the kitten in the barn. So I said OK. She knows I am a sucker for
      kittens. I stuck some food in my pocket for the critter before going.

      It is only about twelve to fourteen weeks old by the look of it, and it
      was found wandering in the snow. They will not let it in the house
      – huh, country people, so called. But I need not have worried
      for there was plenty of food and drink there for it and it had a nice
      straw home in a cosy tack room, toys and all. It was a fantastic little
      critter, so playful and friendly. It is jet black all over, and
      because it strayed in over the Yuletide they call her Holly. But she
      runs in and out and under the feet of these massive great hunter
      horses. I was told to stop panicking :- ) I watched her getting these
      horses in from up in the fields, cleaning them down and bedding their
      stables, like a professional. I was proud of her. I had to laugh
      watching her giving the naughty ones a good ticking off :- ) But I was
      flapping about this kitten critter and she said Dad it is just a barn
      cat, stop worrying so much it is just fine and happy.

      I must now sit and ponder upon as to if I worry too much. And then
      there are people who rape and kill and with no respect for life at all.
      If it be the case that I do worry too much then both love and mystical
      experience has its down side. But I would rather be there than not
      caring about anything. So, if it be so, then so be it, and let it remain
      so unto the end. I guess it is the price for loving things. And life
      above all things.

      Have a good new year.

      rwr