The SELF and the self

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2010
      The SELF and the self

      [ What do you mean by SELF? Do you mean the Soul? ]

      No. The Soul or subconscious mind is not a `me', not an
      experiencer, not an observer of the observed. It is a factory, a
      machine shop and an archive of experience encoded. It is the workhorse
      of incarnation and manifestation and extension. It is also our pipe
      line and conduit back to eternity where the SELF ( I AM ) exists and is
      found again. Transmigrating back through the Soul is the crossing of
      the River Styx and the valley of the shadow of death. It is where your
      life here is being recorded.

      The self is the me here, the personality in time and space. The SELF is
      the me which exists in that timeless domain at the other side of the
      River Styx – through the Soul and out the other side. The journey
      through the Soul IS a journey, and it takes time. And you can only go
      there alone, and you can take nothing with you except consciousness and
      your memories. Nothing else. The worst part of that journey is the
      LIMBO part. Movement stops for a while there whilst you judge yourself
      and your past life. When done you then move on again. Limbo is not
      scary, just a bit boring. The most scary part of the journey is the
      moving out of the soul into the SELF. So meeting your SELF initially is
      the most scary part. But no big deal. IT is done in an all consuming
      white light. The light of annihilation. When the self meets the SELF
      (two in that field) then comes ANNIHILATION, and the self has GONE.
      There only remains the SELF, and the SELF is the owner and observer of
      the paradise of the eternal mode of BEING. THAT is the SELF. If it
      could speak it would say `I AM'. But it cannot speak and it
      cannot even think. Thinking is a temporal phenomena of the self, NOT
      the SELF. The SELF just sees, KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS. But I, the self,
      can speak on its behalf. And when I do it is called Synetic Dialogue.
      All explained in the book.

      So I can know the self and the SELF. But the self cannot know the SELF
      and the SELF cannot know the self. But I can know both. That is one of
      the reasons as to why it is called MYSTERY. But the thing is you see it
      that I am BOTH, I am the self and that SELF. So, it is also quite
      simple really to understand.

      So, when the self journeys back to from whence it (I) comes from then
      there is a RE-UNION. Some call it the Mystical Re-Union (I call it
      HOME). However, there is something far more important than that –
      and folks don't seem to speak or write of it, and that is the UNION
      on earth in space and time when the SELF unites with self here on earth
      – that my friend is BIG Mysticism, not merely going home to find out
      again what we are. But in the UNION here on earth it is not only a UNION
      of the self and the SELF but also of LIFE and the ALL. THAT is the
      big one. And it happens HERE.

      Eternity is not about eternity it is about EXISTENCE and BEING; and
      time and space. Know thy SELF. It is all there to know. But those who
      do not ask questions and do not seek, then they find nothing. And why
      should they? If you don't work then you don't get. And if they
      are not interested in what they are then they are not going to seek.
      Who cares. It is their life. Also, most of them seem to prefer learning
      from books not life. You will not find you and life in a book. Even the
      very best of books is only hearsay. NOT your experience of life. Read
      books by all means, but then put them to bed and start living LIFE for
      real. It works. But neither is it necessary to read any books. The only
      books I had read prior to finding my SELF were chess books, and they
      did not help in this endeavour. But neither did they do any harm like
      some books do. And you know which ones I mean. RELIGION !

      However, not to worry, for your time here WILL END. You could prepare
      yourself for that by living it here whilst you are here. For that is
      what it is for. The only advice I would offer is DO NOT carry REMORSE
      with you into LIMBO. You will see as to why when you are there.

      rwr

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
        Dick,

        Having read your post below I a little confused about whether there is, or is not, one SELF for every self.

        You argue there are four entities involved with each human being:

        1 The self – "The self is the me here, the personality in time and space."

        2 The soul – "The Soul or subconscious mind is not a `me', not an experiencer, not an observer of the observed. It is a factory, a machine shop and an archive of experience encoded. It is the workhorse
        of incarnation and manifestation and extension."

        3 The SELF –"The SELF is the me which exists in that timeless domain at the other side of the River Styx. ... The SELF is NOT made in TIME. It comes FIRST, before TIME is."

        4 The "I" – "I am BOTH, I am the self and that SELF"

        So, suppose around about a billion human beings have existed so far – does that mean that a billion SELFs already existed before time began – somewhere before the big bang?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
          Re: The SELF and the self

          [ Re: The SELF and the self

[...]

          Good afternoon James.

          The SELF and the self ARE ONE.

          I don't know anything about big bangs alas, for I have never been
          in one or around when one took place; so I have no experience of such
          things. I will let you talk about big bangs from your experience of
          one.

          As for what I talk about then it is ALL from my own direct first hand
          experience. I sometimes use data from other peoples experience which
          they have told me of, but I DON'T know if what they say is true or
          not. I do not doubt them, I just do not write about it. I write about
          what I KNOW from my own living experience. They can do the same.
          However, I do not talk about people existing before a big bang; they
          are your words not mine. I said existing BEFORE TIME moved. Do NOT put
          big bangs into my mouth :- ) Any Big Bangs (if such) would be about a
          physical universe they would NOT be about BE. I AM LIFE not matter and
          bricks. Do you know the difference? It is supposed to be axiomatic.

          When I was existing where TIME was not known of or moving, there was
          ONLY me there – that I know of. The realm was full of little
          lights, everywhere, but all well spaced out. They were like little
          glowing diamonds amid a beautiful nebula of STUFF – no thing made.
          ( all described it the book). What were those little lights? I
          don't know. Were they other beings the same as me? THAT was the
          implication – NOT my knowledge. Truth is I really don't care
          what they were/are. I guess it is none of my business. My business is
          what I was/am and what I KNEW and UNDERSTOOD there. But assuming that
          other beings were there then they would see it and know it and
          understand it exactly the same as I did. But other beings there would
          not be ME, and I would not be them. A life form is unique. But others
          that claim to have known it tell me that they found it to be this way
          too. So, go figure. So the ONE in paradise does not mean one being, it
          means the one understanding, and the one existence is the same for all.

          How does that ME there relate to the me here writing this? It is the
          same thing, the same life form – ME. However, my conscious
          experience HERE is nothing like MY conscious existence is THERE. The
          little temporal me (personality) was annihilated into and merged with
          the NON temporal me – the I AM me bit in Eternity. It was a
          RE-UNION with ME. A re-union with my Primordial state of being and
          consciousness. It was not a re-union with something else. I AM ME.

          After a duration of no duration the self emerged again from the SELF
          and I was back here again. All memory intact, nothing lost, but a lot
          gained – the Knowledge and Remembrance of my SELF. If you or anybody
          else claims that none of this applies to them then FINE, I really do not
          give a hoot. But it applies to me, for I was there. Where the dickens
          do you think religion (RE-LEGIO) really came from? They came from ME,
          I AM. You just do not get it do you! But that was LONG before
          priestcraft came on the scene, and made it there own and charged a fee
          for Eternity. The BASTARDS! I give back to people that which was stolen
          from them. What do you do? Bring the Pope and such like to me and I
          will tear them apart. If you can get them here that is :- ) Their
          house is not made of cards or sand, it is made of LIES and THEFT. IPSO!
          Remember me when you depart the scene.

          As for your question relating to how many SELF's existed before the
          Big Bang, then go and ask them :- ) You do not speak of life experience
          Jimmy, you talk of what you have been educated to talk about. I do not
          do that. I have MY INTEGRITY to take care of. And my education came from
          somewhere else – before time moved in my conscious existence. In the
          Beginning and the End I AM. None comes before me and none comes after
          me. That which came first will be the last emanation on earth. Do you
          understand? Yea or nay? Do you want to understand what you are and why?
          It makes no difference to anybody else whether you do or you don't.
          I did. Maybe that is why it happened eh. Or it might have just been
          accidental luck. Go figure. I will wait for you throughout time and
          unto the end of time. Do you not understand? It is easy enough.

          Gnothi Saeuton.

          Merlin of Exmoor.

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
            Dick,

            Thank you for your detailed description of your experiences.

            I can accept that you had an out-of-body and out-of-time experience, however I am unsure why you are convinced that the experience demonstrates the existence of a non-temporal subject (and/or object) which you label the SELF.

            My own view is that your experience is consistent with materialism: the view that we are essentially biological organisms.

            Of course I admit there may be subjects and/or objects which somehow exist outside of time, but I do not see how an experience can demonstrate this as a certainty.

            It may be that SELFs exist, as you claim, but it may be that selfs (selves) are capable of all sorts of strange experiences, experiences which are dependent on the brain activity of fully temporal human beings.

            Jim
          • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
              The SELF and the self

              [ What do you mean by SELF? Do you mean the Soul? ]

              No. The Soul or subconscious mind is not a `me', not an
              experiencer, not an observer of the observed. It is a factory, a machine
              shop and an archive of experience encoded. It is the workhorse of
              incarnation and manifestation and extension by emanation. It is also
              our pipe line and conduit back to eternity when the SELF ( I AM ) exist
              and is found again. Transmigrating back through the Soul is the
              crossing of the River Styx and valley of the shadow of death. It is
              where your life here is being recorded.

              The self is the me here, the personality in time and space. The SELF is
              the me which exists in that timeless domain at the other side of the
              River Styx – through the Soul and out the other side. The journey
              through the Soul IS a journey, and it takes time. And you can only go
              there alone, and you can take nothing with you except consciousness and
              your memories. Nothing else. The worst part of that journey is the
              LIMBO part. Movement stops for a while there whilst you judge yourself
              and your past life. When done you move on again. Limbo is not scary,
              just a bit boring. The most scary part of the journey is the moving out
              of the soul into the SELF. So meeting your SELF initially is the most
              scary part. But no big deal. IT is done in an all consuming white
              light. The light of annihilation. When the self meets the SELF (two
              in that field) then comes ANNIHILATION, and the self has GONE. There
              only remains the SELF, and the SELF is the owner and observer of the
              paradise of the eternal mode of BEING. THAT is the SELF. It is the
              real YOU. If it could speak it would say `I AM'. But it cannot
              speak and it cannot even think. Thinking is a temporal phenomena of the
              self, NOT the SELF. The SELF just sees, KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS. But I,
              the self, can speak on its behalf. And when I do it is called Synetic
              Dialogue. All explained in the book.

              So I can know the self and the SELF. But the self cannot know the SELF
              and the SELF cannot know the self. But I can know both. That is one of
              the reasons as to why it is called MYSTERY. Or Mysticism. But the thing
              is you see it that I am BOTH, I am the self and that SELF. So, it is
              also quite simple really to understand. The self is an emanation from
              the SELF via the soul/subconscious. Many have known it. But it is quite
              a long inward dark journey. Like going back down through the stuff of
              all matter and consciousness. That IS what is happening. Some call
              that journey The Quest. It works. It reveals the SELF. All religion was
              once based on it until priestcraft stole it and made it their own, and
              offered paradise for a prize if you did what they told you. So they
              became the key holders to Eternity; HOME. That is Politics and
              corruption. So, KNOW THY SELF.

              So, when the self journeys back to from whence it (I) comes from then
              there is a RE-UNION. Some call it the Mystical Re-Union (I call it
              HOME). However, there is something far more important than that –
              and folks don't seem to speak or write of it, and that is the UNION
              on earth in space and time when the SELF unites with self here on earth
              – that my friend is BIG Mysticism, not merely going home to find out
              again what we are. But in the UNION here on earth it is not only a
              UNION of the self and the SELF but also of LIFE and the ALL. THAT is
              the big one. And it happens HERE.

              Eternity is not about eternity it is about EXISTENCE and time and
[...]

              In our beginning, before Time existed, there was only Light, Life,
              consciousness, knowing, and love, in Eternity. And then Time came into
              being in darkness. And the darkness knew not the light and comprehended
              it not. Spirituality is the subconscious search for our Primordial
              Root, our Beginning. It is irrelevant as to whether a person is a
              religion lover or a science lover, it is all the same quest, and the
              same search for our Primordial Root and foundation in Eternity. So,
              everybody, and every living thing, is on that spiritual quest at some
              point whether they are aware of it or not. That quest itself is
              Spirituality. Not religion and not science. They are simply a means to
              an end as folks see it. But neither are so. They are not a means to
              this end.

              The Mystics are not on that quest, because they have found it, and the
              purpose of it. So, Mystics could not rightly be said to be Spiritual,
              for they are not on that quest any longer; they are beyond spirituality
              and searching for their Root. They are on another quest now. That quest
              being that the Darkness of Time is no longer alienated from the Light of
              Eternity. And Time is found be the fulfilment of Eternity. Is this a
              message a few thousand years too soon ? It would seem to be so. Do you
              understand the message? Has it no hope of flowering in this time?

              (X) The Circled Saltire Cross . Time and Eternity Encapsulated in the
              all that we are.

              Know your SELF (and your self) for it is so; and proved by finding it.
              Always demand proof. Do not accept hearsay. What you have just read
              here is hearsay to you. But when you find it then that will be the
              proof. It is there, and so are YOU. Good hunting on your question for
              the SELF.

              Dick Richardson

              http://www.psychognosis.net/ <http://www.psychognosis.net/>