Samadhi

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      Samadhi

      [ Samadhi

      Sanskrit; in Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and yogic schools is a higher
      level of concentrated meditation, or dhyāna. In the yoga
      tradition, it is the eighth and final limb identified in the Yoga
      SÅ«tras of Patañjali.

      Prabhupada samadhi

      It has been described as a non-dualistic state of consciousness in
      which the consciousness of the experiencing subject becomes one with
      the experienced object, and in which the mind becomes still,
      one-pointed or concentrated though the person remains conscious. In
      Buddhism, it can also refer to an abiding in which mind becomes very
      still but does not merge with the object of attention, and is thus able
      to observe and gain insight into the changing flow of experience.

      In Hinduism, samādhi can also refer to videha mukti or the
      complete absorption of the individual consciousness in the self at the
      time of death - usually referred to as mahasamādhi. ]

      The above is taken from wackypeadia. This is no good to me AT ALL. And
      it seems to be different things to different texts. I want to talk to
      a man or a woman who has known that (whatever it is) and can tell me
      all about it, what it is like, and answer my questions on it. But of
      all those whom I have known using this word NOT ONE of them ever has.
      NEVER. Why? I can only conclude two things. One is that the person
      is not interested in sharing information and human experience – so
      why were they talking about it in the first place? Or, that they are
      BULLSHITTERS. Other people can draw their own conclusions.

      I have described all my own major experiences, documented them (and in
      poetry too, as well as prose) as have others; and always been there to
      answer any questions on it from anybody. WHY DON'T THEY?

      As for meditation I have never done it, not interested; and for what
      purpose would I do that? As for Yoga practices I have never done that
      either. Life has been too full and too busy. Why would I want to do
      that? What would it do for me and what is the pay off? The same goes
      with Enlightenment – not ONE has ever told me what it was and what
      it is like – not ONE OF THEM. WHY? The same as goes for Gnostics,
      not one of them has ever told me what Gnosis is like. Why? Yet there
      are thousand of them. Draw your own conclusions. Same too with the
      Mystical Reunion with their Gawd in heaven – not ONE of them has
      ever told me about it and what it is like – not one of them. WHY?
      Draw your own conclusions.

      I have met a few mystics in my time (not that they call themselves that,
      and neither did I ) and they have encountered the same as I did. Now
      there is a thing innit. Is the East trying to sell something to the
      west do you think? I don't run to the East telling them about
      mystical experience. So why do they do it – and yet not tell of it
      and what it is like when asked? Yet quite a number from the East have
      contacted me over the years and asked about all this stuff. They were
      not waffling on about Enlightenment and Samadhi. How come? Draw your
      own conclusions. Shall we give Mysticism back its real name and
      meaning? You try it – I did; for a long time. Not to much avail.
      Nearly all you get is DERR ! And people telling you that they have
      enlightenment, or gnosis, or what have you. Phhht:>!

      Dick Richardson.