"without any irritable reaching after fact and reason"

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 3, 2010
      Inasmuch as aesthetics is a branch of philosophy, I'll position Camus' "It is not patient inquiry, the unceasing, sterile illustration of a thesis..." alongside Keats. In my uttermost, desolate moments of realizing the impossibility of fact and reason to provide comfort for myself or others, only then has there arisen a creative impulse. Counting myself fortunate.
      Mary