Can I reduce pain and sadness?

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      Can I reduce pain and sadness?

      [ Since you are not theory type person, perhaps, when you immerse
      yourself in your mystical state, please try to investigate if you are
      able to reduce (or derive) all innumerable subjective experiences (SEs,
      such as redness, greenness, and so on for color, and other senses,
      painfulness, happiness, sadness, etc.) into (or from) smaller number of
      SEs. Ram ]

      The quick, easy and true answer is no, I cannot reduce pain and
      sadness. But I have to go on to say that I don't want to and I have
      never tried to. As to why anybody would want to reduce happiness sure
      beats me. Has anybody ever said that they did? Perhaps I am a freak
      :- ) But when I was a little boy I wanted to experience LIFE. And I
      have been doing that now for seventy two years; both Imminent and
      Transcendent.

      Pain and sadness are not particularly nice. But so what? It is a part
      of LIFE. So, I was happy to face both pain and sadness to see what it
      was like and how it felt. I did not go out looking for it, but on the
      occasions that I was in pain or felt sad about something then I
      relished in the experience of it and knowing what it was (is) like. How
      else would I know? I can reduce pain a little bit by taking an
      aspirin. Or if it is a toothache by having the tooth taken out –
      that fixes it :- ) However, it is strange, for I can laugh at pain.
      Laughing at it does not take it away but one can rise above the `oh
      this is happening to me' syndrome. I don't care if it happens.
      But I would rather it didn't :- ) What does worry me a little is
      when the kids have been in pain, or sad. One feels so helpless. You
      just do what you can, and hope for the best. That is why I get a bit
      cross with life at times, not because it can hurt me, I don't care
      about that, but because it can hurt others, and especially the ones
      whom you love. I guess that is only natural, and I felt the same way as
      a kid. You always WANT for the ones you love. I have called Life all
      bastards imaginable, but it alters nothing. But I still love Life.

      As for pain and sadness through the journey of transcendence back to the
      timeless ground of being then if you want me to speak of that then let
      me know and I will.

      Dick Richardson