Re: As time goes by

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
      As Time Goes Bye is one of my favorite British sitcoms! Anyway, I think it's interesting how Americans adopted British literature but the British adopted American music. The blues, jazz, R&B, and hip hop are all creations of our multicultural experience, then adopted and created anew with The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin. After going through much American folk music over the years, I find the Celtic stuff plucks my heartstrings. I have The Chieftains Long Black Veil, a collaboration with some excellent artists from other genres. I also really like Raising Sand, the Robert Plant, Allison Krauss collaboration. Mary
    • William
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
        "You must remember this ,a kiss is just a kiss a sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply as time goes by.
        And when two lovers coo,they still say "I love you", on that you can rely, no matter what the future brings as time goes by.
        Moonlight and roses never out of date,hearts full of passion ,jealousy and hate. Woman needs man and man must have his mate,that no one can deny.
        It`s still the same old story,a fight for love and glory,a case of do or die.
        The world will always welcome lovers,as time goes by. "
        From memory. I think Hoagy Carmichael may have written this beauty but I am not sure.Bill