[existlist]Re: Shadows and heroes

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      I was thinking about a certain person who annoys our group often, and I refered to him as our collective shadow in a recent post.. As I understand it, the shadow represents various negative tendencies which all people have to some degree, and often the people most dominated by it are the least aware of it in themselves, and project it to a great extent on others." He without sin cast the first stone " could be perceived in that light. I just listened to the mid 60s Dylan song "Chimes of Freedom" and it has a phrase "To the outcast, burning constantly at steak, we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing".Carl Jung said that Germany and France for many years were conditioned to project their collective shadow on the other nationality.To a large extent, nationalistic and racist propaganda involves this.Likewise, the admirable hero aspect is to a certain extent also present in us all. There is a saying of spiritual people in India "Nameste" which can be translated as the" light in me salutes the light in you", or "the better part of me greets the better part of you." John Lenon once said "Good guys, bad guys, thats all in the movies. It's all a battle in the mind between Hitler and Christ. Let's hope Christ wins".

      Nameste
      Tom