The leaks

  • William
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
      Tom, before Suz wacks us for not spouting her acedemic agenda this relates to existentialism through the notions of truth and world justice. Certainly existentialists have been concerned for such matters especially during the latter times of Sartre and Camus.
      Now, Why would the US sell multi billions of arms to the Saudi kingdom. What would happen if Iran was neutralised. Saudi would have only Israel to defend against and the US already guarantees that arrangement.When Sen Kyle holds up a nuclear treaty to insure his own state pork I think he should be branded a war monger. You live in that region so what do you say? When Sen Harkin rails against agricultural subsidy cuts I can point to world hunger issues.
      I ask for a priorities list. Food,clean water,shelter and clothing seem to head that list to me. Causing fear within people is very low on my list. Incarserating people for victimless crimes has a very low priority on that list, building more world killing weapons systems is low on that list.
      Now it is jobs,jobs,jobs but what is being done in that job? Are they insurance jobs that just cost us all more or are they jobs that build the things we need. This brings the very concept of government into focus. Is the government here to control us or as existentialists are we responsible for that ourselves. The endless ranking of bureaucracys is directly in opposition to our founding notions of individual freedom and equality. What of the bottom line profit motive of multinationals. They are a crazy force for chaos that may or may not do anything to help humans.
      These leaks open up some of these hidden agendae and therefore they have merit. That the despotic controllers rail against them is pertanent. The leaders, some elected,some not, prosecute the wars and incarserations, if are truly just actions why not have them examined in the light. We cannot make good decisions if we know nothing but propaganda. Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
        I agree and would add love (simple affection), appreciation of unmanufactured beauty and peace, and time to experience them. I believe great people and great civilizations insist on both experiences. Mary

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
          Sorry, that sounded idiotic. I realize governments aren't in the business of providing such things, but perhaps merely an environment in which they aren't suffocated. I also recently read Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake and its dystopian gloom is lingering. I'm very poorly trying to say that in order to live well, we need both kinds of experiences. Art is created, not manufactured, and we need that as well. Mary