Donahue and the pendulum

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      The chairman of the US Chamber of commerce is now a major political figure. In the Bush years the chairman worked quietly for free trade and less regulation. This electionTom Donahue and his organisation pumped millions and millions into attack ads against democrats.
      Politically I ascribe to a pendulum theory of government. When one side gets too powerful,pull them back to the middle.
      Now we see two formerly middle road players shifting into hard partisan rolls. Donahue and Bernakke move to support business and banking with little regard for fairness or concern for middle class people. Bernakke just gave the banks billions with no safegards it will ever reach small business,create jobs or help the middle class. These unelected scions of power are trying to tip the balance back to Bush and the calamity we have all endured.
      Now my pendulum theory is rooted in an existential proclivity toward peace and fairness among peoples. So when something jars it out of balance I have an existential topic. Now I am sorry about CVW and his medical problems and think when he gets better he will see the threat of a world badly imbalanced to the right. My early warnings of business attacks on Obama are grounded in the theory that the president was bringing us back to a middle balance. Now as the right wing business establishment tries to unseat him I side with the president and his evenhanded foreign policy and more fair monatary stance. Giving the banks billions more without regulation is bad, giving the defense dept ever more is bad. This is the spending that should be curtailed and nobody has bothered to look as yet. Bill