Re: Bungling Censors

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
      You folks here love to invent these fictions don't yer, and then to
      keep plastering them around like headless chickens and dead parrots. I
      use the same email address here every time – the rocket mail one. I
      do have two others which I also use: Somerset-2 and ymail. So you are
      LYING again as usual. IT IS NOT TRUE. As for the moderation then they
      only have to ban the email address and that is it. But they don't.
      Why? Who knows. Perhaps they like what I write and have an empathy with
      it, thousands, if not millions do.

      As for our Existential as well as Phenomenal existence then I was an
      existentialist back in the 50's, and always have been. But none of
      you are. You are all full of hate, and fear also. A very sad condition
      to get into it. But that is your problem not mine. GROW UP or go the
      way of the Dodo.

      The name is not Dick-Head by the way. It is Dick Richardson. Maybe you
      cant even read yet. And you have the manners unworthy of pigs.

      RWR. a Pragmatic Existentialist and Idealist.

      > Dear Mr Rutabaga,
      >
      > I think Susan has criticised Bill because he often resorts to personal
      abuse (see his recent comments on Susan and further back posts to/about
      me), and his posts seem to be chiefly political and not philosophical.

      > I think that politics and philosophy cannot be easily separated, and a
      philosophical position ought to have political consequences, or it is
      just abstract "ivory tower" theorising.

      > I have some sympathy with Susan's view that Existlist should not be
      just an airing of political positions, but I think Bill would not be
      targeted if he cut out the personal abuse.

      > Finally I don't think it is easy for Susan to exclude Dick-Head when
      he changes his Yahoo login and email address every couple of days. (By
      the way, you were the last person to encourage Dick-Head by engaging him
      in discussion.)

      > Jim

    • tom
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
        Susan

        Why dont u try to block these emails as stated by Dick and see if he evades it. At least, it would be an experiment.Here is a recent post of his , where he lists his emails. I dug it out of my deleted items.

        You folks here love to invent these fictions don't yer, and then to
        keep plastering them around like headless chickens and dead parrots. I
        use the same email address here every time - the rocket mail one. I
        do have two others which I also use: Somerset-2 and ymail. So you are
        LYING again as usual. IT IS NOT TRUE. As for the moderation then they
        only have to ban the email address and that is it. But they don't.
        Why? Who knows. Perhaps they like what I write and have an empathy with
        it, thousands, if not millions do.

        Peace and best wishes
        Tom

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
          > I think Susan has criticised Bill because
          > he often resorts to personal abuse

          I think everything, including personal abuse, should be tolerated. I mean are we all made of cardboard? I worked in restaurants for years where abuse was a means of dialog, not unlike the trading of the N word as almost an endearment in certain communities (could I paddle more lightly around that?).

          > Finally I don't think it is easy for Susan
          > to exclude Dick-Head when he changes his Yahoo login

          Well, I've run groups, and my guess is if you just ban each email address, it will soon be pretty dang hard to get in.

          > By the way, you were the last person to
          > encourage Dick-Head by engaging him in discussion.

          If you call what I said to him encouragement, perhaps you are more familiar with the 'abuse as friendship' than you suggest. I was convinced I could discourage him... He is more insane than I thought.

          Rotting While Righting
        • fictiveparrot
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
            > Perhaps they like what I write and have an empathy with
            > it, thousands, if not millions do.

            Dickdick, thousands? millions? you are a dripping lunatic.

            SUSAN, please ban the email address. He says there is only one.

            Rough Wick Randsome
          • PoetCSW
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2010
              I have no idea if Susan is aware of the latest posts -- she has been busy dealing with my medical adventures and other matters.

              The system is not perfect, but we attempt to moderate with as much flexibility as possible when we do check in on the list.

              You should contact Susan directly if there are serious issues on the list.

              Honestly, mailing lists on Yahoo, Google, LiveJournal, and other services are slowly fading. You can see the decline in traffic in some spaces more than others. When Microsoft shutdown their listserv and newsgroup servers, I knew things were changing.

              Anyway, I'll mention checking on the list to Susan tomorrow. I can only skim for a few minutes.
            • PoetCSW
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2010
                This is what the list has devolved into over the last two years?

                I am not a Ph.D candidate. I have a doctorate in rhetoric and communication, with a technical research emphasis in neurological impairments and language development. It's the real thing from a major university. Big whoop. I'm not really in a position to use the degree, unless my cats want to hear a lecture.

                I haven't been around because I have been fighting serious medical issues for the last two years, including a the loss of most vision in both eyes which required several procedures to repair (as much as possible). The other health issues were potentially *more* severe. Susan does not read about or care about philosophy -- she took over because I couldn't read the list daily or even weekly.

                Susan is my wife and I assume (hope?) my health was and is on her mind a lot more than anything on this mailing list. She accompanied me to a surgery this week and I likely have more procedures ahead.

                The list isn't actively moderated because we have slightly more important issues to deal with on a daily basis.

                If you can't deal with moderating yourselves, that's not our problem. The list shouldn't even require moderation, beyond removing spam.

                - C. S.