Investing in gridlock

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      I think we are at the beginning of gridlock on a scale that has not been seen. General Sherman was a great practitioner of the art in war. Scorched earth denies the opposition sustinance and leaves the practitioners at odds for generations. Political gridlock can kill but that is not what it is designed to accomplish. It is meant to demoralise the opposition and subvert their ideas.
      If you spew hate during such times you become a front line participant,a zealot, and those sort risk the most. I think the wiser course is to back away from the front lines and pick the lower fruit.
      If you rush out and invest in green energy you might feel yourself a hero of the environment but you might not be able to pay your heating bill. The vested interests are very real and if you use an alternative the owners will not supply you,at reasonable cost, in the future.That is the threat of supply side economics, they have the hammer. Of course the counter argument is that of the nail, without a nail there is no market, no business,gridlock.
      Investing in times of gridlock becomes a survivalist exercise, become Aesops ant. The necessities come first and the idealisms and luxaries are seldom available. The tactic is to hold out until the first line combatants have worn out. What is left is what you can build upon. Bill