A list of things that I could not do

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      A list of things that I could not do

      1. If somebody trusted me, an animal, a child, an adult, then I could
      never betray that trust. Not under any circumstances, ever.

      2. I could never kill any living thing knowingly and with deliberation.
      Unless it was in self defence and there was no choice.

      3. I could never inflict pain on to any living thing. Unless it was in
      self defence and there was no choice.

      3. I could never betray the country that I lived in. Unless it was so
      corrupt that I had to do it.

      4. I could never take anything away from a thing of beauty that would
      make it less so.

      5. I could never tell a lie knowingly, unless there were extremely
      good and important reasons for doing so.

      6. I could not eat the flesh of a human being, not even to save my
      life. But I would not criticise those who did; providing they were
      already dead.

      7. I could never make love (sex) to a woman unless I loved her. To me
      that would be repulsive.

      8. I could never have sexual relations with a man. To me that is
      repulsive.

      9. I could never borrow anything unless I knew that I could give it
      back.

      10. I could never do anything knowingly which would prevent my going to
      bed with a clear conscience and thence closing my eyes and going to
      sleep.

      11. I could never say that I WILL do something. I could only say that I
      will if I can.

      12. If asked to do something I will always try to do it if it is a
      reasonable request.

      13. I will never ever do anything which I am told to do; nor would I
      tell anybody what to do. If in military service then I would do both if
      needs must.

      14. I would never take anything which did not belong to me. But I would
      be happy enough to pinch food if there were no work and the kids were
      hungry.

      15. I could never do anything which would detract from the beauty of
      that part of myself in transcendence, not that it would know; but I
      would know.

      16. If trouble comes I could never run away from it. Better to be
      killed than to kill ones own integrity.

      There are no doubt many more but I cannot think of them off the top of
      my head right now. I would never expect anybody to live by my
      principles, and I do not even judge as to whether my own are good or
      bad. I just do them regardless because it is what I am. One has to be
      true to oneself and ones principles. There is only one in here and I
      have to live with it. I can; and with no remorse. These things did nto
      come from a book or from anybody else; they are my own, and I did nto
      invent them or choose them. But I have no problem living woth them.

      rwr