More on Moral Principles

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2010
      More on Moral Principles

      Neither do I have any idea where these moral principles came from and
      how they got there. All I know is that they are there, and one makes
      decisions by virtue of what they are. There are some things which I
      could just not do at any cost, and there are things that I could not
      stand by and watch being done. This is all a part of the package of
      what I call the Dignity if Man, and presumably the seat of the TRUE
      Knights of Humanity. And nothing to do with nobility, religion, or
      anything one had been told by anybody. It just IS. I have to conclude
      that one is simply born with them. Or born with a deficit of them
      whichever the case may be. But it is ONLY me who is responsible for my
      actions. Nothing else. These principles are a part of ME. Not something
      in the sky or fairyland.

      Also has it got absolutely nothing to do with the mystical experiences
      whatsoever, for it was all there long before they turned up. And I
      never found anything in any mystical experiences which related to
      morality and principles, nor have they added to it nor detracted from
      it; nothing at all. There is no connection that I know of. When young
      of course it is the case that one does not even know that they are
      there until one is confronted with a situation which makes one realise
      that they are there. These of course are STRONG compulsions, there are
      also weaker ones, and some which boarder the IFFY mark. If one is an
      IFFY compulsion then one can question it and think about it and ponder
      on what best to do in this or that situation. However, where they are
      STRONG compulsions then thinking about them would make no difference,
      for you have just got to do it anyway, or not do it, whichever the case
      may be.

      Guessing at what these things are is not my game. But if anybody knows
      what they are and how they got there then they are welcome to tell me,
      but I am going to be a real shit bag in demanding to know how they know
      that. If somebody says that they do not know but they have as sound
      justifiably theory then I would be happy to hear that too. And pick
      holes in it if I could.

      In some mystical experiences one comes up against this IMPLICATION that
      we have existed incarnate before; but I have no experiential knowledge
      of that and I don't really give a hoot. But that could also PERHAPS
      explain as to how those principles got there from past experience. But
      that is ONLY a guess. Then there is the bit that could state that they
      are inherent in the DNA structure and are Hereditary that way. In my
      own case that might well be the case, for they were both very moral
      principled people. But I am different from them. But also on looking
      into family histories there would seem to be too many cases which would
      refute this theory entirely. So, I don't know. It is a mystery to
      me, as so many things are. But I don't need a religion to plug the
      gaps. What I do know is that for me any religion is so abhorrent to me
      that even to pacify them would be something which I could never do.
      Whereas I could easily and willingly destroy them all. But I cannot do
      that, so I do not lose any sleep over it. I just hope for a better
      world where they are not on the scene.

      It might be fun if people made a list of the things which they could
      never do, no matter what. And then watch for correlations. Some might
      say that one can never say never. But I feel sure that I can, in a list
      of things anyway.

      rwr

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2010
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "dick.richardson@..." <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

        "What I do know is that for me any religion is so abhorrent to me that even to pacify them would be something which I could never do."

        Pacify what or whom? What do you mean?

        [Dick]
        "Whereas I could easily and willingly destroy them all."

        What are you talking about? This sounds delusional.

        [Dick]
        But I cannot do that, so I do not lose any sleep over it. I just hope for a better world where they are not on the scene.

        First you say you could easily destroy them [religions??], then you say "I cannot do that". Elucidation, please.

        Louise