Talking of unbearable pain

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Talking of unbearable pain

      What is the most sever physical pain which you ever known ? The worst I
      have ever known although unbearable one had to bear it, for there was
      no choice. I cannot remember how long ago it was when I first had it. I
      am guessing that it was in my mid thirties. It woke me up one night and
      it gradually got worse over the next hour. I could not lay in bed. I
      remember finishing all scrunched up on the kitchen floor in a ball. The
      pain was such that the perspiration was just poring out of everywhere
      and one felt giddy with pain. I had no idea what it was or what was
      causing it. It was somewhere in the lower abdomen and more towards the
      rear than the front. It built up to a climax over about and hour and
      then gradually declined for the next hour. After which it was totally
      gone and I was fine, so I went back to bed. One cannot describe what it
      feels like. It is as though somebody has taken all your stomach and
      twisted it into a tight knot and then stuck a red hot knife in it and
      keeps twisting it. But it only ever happens at night; so nobody else
      knows that one has ever had it.

      Since that time and over the years I have had exactly the same maybe
      about twenty times, with very long intervals between events of it.
      Always the same and always in the same location. But it is not always
      of quite the same severity of pain, but usually much about the same. It
      usually last for somewhere between one and two hours. The last time it
      happened must have been about six months ago. I have never known what
      it is or what causes it, but it does not bother me. No matter how
      painful it gets I can just laugh at it, even though one is doubled up
      in agony. I got passed caring about it after about the third episode of
      it. I guess I will never know what it is, and I don't really care
      much. It comes and it goes. So you just lay there and wait for it to
      go. It goes. Just one of those things eh. I have often wondered as to
      how sever pain would have to be before one lost consciousness. Never
      done that, although it might have been a good idea at the time of the
      occurrences. Perhaps one ought to give it a name. How about
      Beelzebub's knife or the Dragons Bite? Amazing things bodies are
      they not.

      rwr