Re: Keep your troubles and problems to yourself.

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "P C" <patcollins77@...> wrote:

      > I would like thoughts on a real life situation that just came to my attention. Ann and Bob have known each other for a very long time and live in the same house with there bedrooms next to the other. This morning Bob told Ann he was calling out to her in helpless physical agony for help overnight. She told him that he should not had called out because the neighbors may had heard. She went on to say to him that she did not want to heard about his troubles or problems and said that Bob just complained to much. Then Ann said she did not want to hear any more of Bob's complaints. This really happened and I'd like some feedback on it. Thank you.

      If Bob told Ann he was calling out in helpless physical agony and Ann said that Bob just complained too much, Ann would appear to be evading what is reality for Bob, and in a heartless manner. In a situation like this, I am wondering whether an inability to pay doctor's fees is part of the context. Not knowing either of these persons, and lacking knowledge of the wider context, it is difficult to say much to the purpose. One practical possibility is for someone to pose the question to Ann, what would she hope for, from a neighbour, if she were in that situation herself, of unbearable pain? L.