The Rarest Book on Earth

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      The Rarest Book on Earth

      The rarest book on earth will be one of which there is only one copy.
      And thus the most difficult to get hold of. I don't know how many
      books there are of which there is only one copy ever made. I understand
      that the owner of the Microsoft Corporation got one of them for $8.3
      million. I know where there is another one. It is somewhere up in the
      attic. But I don't think it will ever go for $8.3 million. I
      don't think it will go at all :- ) Even the British Library and the
      American Library of Congress has not got a copy; so that is rare indeed.
      It is a Codex on the mysteries of the Human Mind, and therein is stuff
      found which has never been written down before. And what is it worth?
      Nothing. There is rare and there is rare isn't there. It is quite
      funny really isn't it. I suppose the most important books in the
      world are the ones that the most people like and agree with. Isn't
      that odd. I wonder what book has been read by the most people, and I
      wonder why they read it. Anyway, I will start the bidding off at $1.
      But it will not go until it reaches a price that will buy a pint of
      beer. Tis thirsty work you know, and it only took sixty years to
      complete it. Bids can be placed (out of the public eye) at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Psychognosis_Archive/
      there is also a photograph of it. And just think, the only copy in the
      world. Happy bidding. I bet it reaches $2 before I am dead. Oh well,
      maybe not.

      rwr