What is the busiest place on earth

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      What is the busiest place on earth

      I have no idea, and I sure would not want to go there wherever it is.
      Crowds of that kind are OK occasionally, but to live in it continually,
      and to continually enjoy it would need whatever that takes. I would
      take a guess that perhaps some places in China or India are, but it is
      only a guess. I have seen some places in London in the rush hour they
      were bad enough, but I would imagine that there are plenty worse. Here
      people tend to like having some space around them far better than
      perpetually being in a vast crowd. Me to. The biggest crowed that I
      have ever been in was at a football match, it must have been about 1947
      or 48, there was 78 thousand packed into a stadium; all standing. There
      was just about enough room to breath in and out. But that was only for
      a couple of hours. Most days where I live one does see anybody; and
      that is good :- ) Still, it is a choice isn't it. If you like
      crowds then go where the crowds are, if you don't then go where
      they ain't at.

      When I was little my father and I would often talk about tramps when we
      had gone to bed. I think it was his favourite subject :- ) A tramp was
      just one of those people who wandered around on their own, no home and
      no job. They were not junkies in those days. They must have loved the
      freedom. They would work when they were hungry, and they usually found a
      job to do, clearing a path, or doing some gardening; anything. But the
      idea of that freedom to just roam anywhere at any time must have really
      appealed to them. They were often really interesting to talk to too.
      But they sure did not flock to where big crowds were. Had I been a
      tramp then I would have gone to the pretties place which I could find.
      But I did that anyway, and without being a tramp :- ) It was nice to
      take your shoes off and sit around your own fire in peace and quiet at
      the end of the day, and maybe with a friend at times. The best place
      which I have lived contained no more than three or four people for half
      a mile either way. When people are scarce then you tend to take more
      interest in them when you meet up. But each to their own eh. I love
      walking down a country lane, or over the hills, and not meeting
      anybody. But when you do then that is fine too. Just have a quick chat
      and move on; like ships that pass in the night. No problem.

      rwr