Extraterrestrial survival

  • William
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2010
      We think DNA is the master template for life,it is possible that other chemistry may exist. If so we could face a competition unlike any man has encountered. We may face organisms with differeng metabolic systems. I point to the sulpher bacteria who have a decided advantage over oxygen metabolizers in some habitats. So, Dick, the concept of the fittest can be most variable on a new planet.
      Certainly an atmosphere seems necessary and it should be very close to our standing requirements. That is a huge test , atmospheric terraforming is a massive and time consuuming project which we do not have the present capacity to preform. The author of Genesis put his Adam and Eve in a fully evolved eden with no preditors and ample food and water. He had no notion of evolution so the first people had to arrive fully evolved and fully grown. That is why genesis makes no sense but the author had to answer that troubling question,Where did we come from?Until Darwin we still did not know that. Who I am and where I came from are all wrapped up in that word evolution and we have learned the answers to those questions.
      It seems we would need integrate upon arrival on a new planet. Even if there were no big organisms the bacteriology would be new and could be very deadly.Observe the sterility protocals we observe even on the lifeless moon.
      So the fittest become the survivors over any given time but they will not be static,they too will be evolving. At light years from their place of origin humans would change to adapt to the biologic requirements of the new home. Your proposed next link Homo Esinophilitis might be unable to recognise those who evolve on a new planet. One million years is significant time in primate evolution and weather they could reproduce offspring with those who left is an interesting question. We are not ready to think in million year time frames but our geologists are developing the talent. I doubt we will be the same species when we live on another planet. Bill
    • tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2010
        Bill,

        If you look at most myths as history, they become doubtful. It is certainly doubtful that there was an Adam and Eve and a snake talked to her etc. However, as a myth the Garden of Even can be seen as paganism, and original sin can be seen as the consequence of religious beliefs which were opposed to the reality of the human mind./body.In this sense, the myth is pointing to the seperation of the human will and intellect from its instinctual roots as the branch of man seperated from its anthropoid origins.It is referring to intellect and will taking over functions that had been performed previously by the instinctive functions. I believe the most constructive path is to attempt to integrate the instinctive sides of our nature from which we have for so long been seperated with the intellect, imagination and will which has been developed into a stronger, happier, smarter human being. This process has been the basis of eastern modalities like martial arts and yoga. Jung maintained that the descendents of the barbarians who invaded Rome were converted to God fearing peasants in about a hundred years, and the aggressive and sexual component forcibly repressed. He contrasts this with the thousands of years in which easterrn culture has integrated the higher aspects with the more primal.

        ADAM&EVE

        Adam and Eve were naked pagans in the Garden of Eden
        until they got uptight,God fearing and fallen about what kind of fruit they had eaten.

        Groovy Man

        www.thecoolcat.net

        Peace,
        Tom

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2010
          Bill, tomorrow "the National Press Club hosts a meeting in Washington, D.C. conducted by Robert Hastings and Robert Salas regarding UFO appearances at and apparent influence upon nuclear missiles and supposedly secure military bases, activity going back decades and seemingly occurring still." Now either our government has been covering up or disseminating false information. In either case, to what purpose? To witness how alien individual humans are from one another, and how most of us are possibly failing to communicate with purported aliens, extra or terrestrial seems to make little difference. Mary

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
              Speaking of nether world! ! If this post had shown up when I posted it, a week ago...Mary