Emil Cioran

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2010
      I recently discovered the works of E.M. Cioran. Although he is not technically considered an existential philosopher, his writings explore the human condition with such depth. Has anyone here any thoughts on Cioran?

      Steve
    • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2010
        Yes, I do. And also upon your comment of him having studied the human
        condition. To study the human condition one does psychology, not
        philosophy and politics. You will not know what the human is made up of
        unless you study it from the inside. The study of behaviourism does not
        reveal as to what it is that is doing the behaving.

        As for the man whom you mention then it is well documented that he was
        an admirer of Hitler and that he himself was a far right wing fascist,
        and from a Roman Catholic family and upbringing. I don't think you
        will encourage anybody in taking this man seriously.

        If you wish for an insight into the structure of man and the human
        situation you might try reading The Mystical Gnosis Event and the Human
        Situation. You will get an in depth view of the structure of Man, and
        far far deeper than Jung ever went. http://www.psychognosis.net/
        <http://www.psychognosis.net/>

        Dick Richardson