Re: [existlist] Re: Put you down like a rabid dog.

  • tom
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
      Bill,

      Islam just like previous theocracies, whither in the Roman Empire, Salem Mass., or Isrial at the time of Christ existed to promote the patriarchal family structure. The fact of it's spread was indicative that at least in those times and spaces, the patriarchal family structure offered survival advantages. The family solidarity that ensued made it very likely that the children a guy's wife were bearing were also his children. It ensured that the children would grow up with him, and under his directions. It encouraged a man to take a much longer range view of life than only his own life span. The inspiration of building a lineage inspired hard work and creativity in agriculture, commerce, as well as in military ambitions. In agrarian societies the passing of of land to the next generation is supported by various taboos increasing the liklihood of the man inheriting the property actually being his biological son. As Don Genaro says in the Godfather,"You can't be a man, if you aren't a father to your children". The Godfather also berates the guy who represents Sinatra for leaving his wife and family for the whore. The mideast classic, Arabian Nights, in almost every story at the end the guy has fallen deeply in love with a woman, and then been made a fool of, and his heart broken. The guy is usually asking for compassion from Alah.

      As I said in regard to labor/management issues, ideally fairness and compassion are desirable, but history has usually shown underdogs rapidly becoming the new top dogs.
      The Black Muslem movement inspired guys like Malcom X, a guy who had been a drug dealer and pimp to radically change his lifestyle, and values. As the father, his responsibilities included leading family prayers etc. The fact that Mafia guys often called blacks, boys, was their reference to viewpoints that emphasized immediate fun over long range family goals.

      I am not so much glorifying traditional patriarchal values as attempting to bring to light the way Islamists, the Godfather, and Malcom X thought.

      WHY WITCHES GOT BURNED

      Because they were Goddess worshipers, witches got burned.

      Because the Mafia felt very strongly that Goddess worship would certainly result in traditional family values being radically overturned.

      Groovy Man

      www.thecoolcat.net

      Peace and happy evolution,
      Tom

      WHY WITCHES GOT BURNED
      Because they were Goddess worshipers, witches got burned.

      Because the Mafia felt very strongly that Goddess worship would certainly result in traditional family values being radically overturned.

      Groovy man

      by the Cool Cat

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
        Trivia trivia and more never ending trivia from the mouths of sucklings.
        When you find problems with life, the world, or yourself, then ALWAYS
        start at the top of the pile with the BIG ones, and then work down. When
        you get rid of the big problems then you will find that the little
        problems just melt away on their own. You will never ever light a fire
        by poking it.

        THE BIG problem is that people do NOT know what they are and where they
        come from. Get rid of that problem by finding it (it is there to find)
        and then all the little problems will go away by virtue of it.

        Groovy man Marlin