The cusp of mathematics. How far can mathematics take us?

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 6:55 PM
      When the Arabs turned numbers back into letters they post dated euclid . I suppose you call it symbolic logic but few symbols adequately represent all they name. Few numbers quantataivly count what they attempt.
      I had a fine, binocular microscope. The guy down the hall had an electron microscope. We tried to talk and did. He took the time to explain how his production related to mine.
      Philosophy and science now have common ground but many wish to destroy that union. Those are the true conservatives, the people of the past.
      The two million year old,an aged nine, hominid had teeth most similar to you or I. Since the sample has teeth it can have DNA and it will be analyzed. We can count the number of base pairs in a human genome. In JPS time we had no notion of DNA.His possibilities should be respected as he was a man of a different age. Bill
    • tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 10:06 PM
        Bill,

        Agreed. All good thinkers are doing a good job with info they have.

        Tom