Re: [existlist] Know your agnosias

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2010
      Hi Wil,

      On 1 August 2010 11:44, <eupraxis@...> wrote:
      > Polly,
      >
      > I do not think that this passive aggressive swipe at me, performed as some sophomoric parting shot, is very becoming of you. Your examples, as usual, are also non sequitor. Theoretical physics has nothing to say about ethics or literary criticism, but that doesn't count ill for either physics or the other disciplines.
      >
      > Moreover, your sad attempt at lampooning philosophical discourse by supposing it to be on the order of a cognitive disorder is just plain boorish and Neanderthal.
      >
      > Try to demonstrate just a little class.

      I find it curious that you should form a conviction about my
      motivations in writing what I did, because they are far beyond your
      ability to know. Yet the facts in the world that I refer to in the
      context of human experience and reasoning do not rate a mention. I
      wouldn't say that anything you have written so far on this topic
      merits the title "philosophical discourse". An argument, any argument
      that refers to the real world, would be much appreciated.

      In the meantime, I will continue to post material that bolsters my
      position re human experience and reasons ie that they are a function
      of the embodied brain, and not a function of experience and reasons.
      I would welcome with open mind any evidence-based material that
      counters that position, there just hasn't been any forthcoming.

      Polly

    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 6:02 AM
        Polly,

        Your judgments on what is philosophical have already shown themselves to be puerile and amateur. I will henceforth consign your posts to the trash, as I do for Dick and others.

        Wil