The administrations war

  • William
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 28, 2010
      Now it is time to put the Bush administration into the history books. When Obama signs the unfunded Afgan war bill ,it becomes his war. He is in charge and it is time to pull the US out of that conflict. Already the House Democrats are split and as the heat is turned up on the administration to show progress . The unfunded appropriation will rile all but the hard core military industrialists.
      I do not expect to see the level of displeasure as was shown in Viet Nam but this was never a war of that magnitude. This can be taken to a security police action with intelligence operatives doing the heavy lifting. Those contractors who have hands on knowledge of the situation will surly demand heavy payment for their services and it will be a black ops budget and program for years.
      Big,lumbering maneuver divisions are great targets for small light attack forces. Pull out the targets and keep the killers in place. I still want Alqueda squashed and we have the means to accomplish that without busting the US budget. Nobody knows who sets those roadside bombs. They can point their fingers and we can point ours back. That kind of exchange generates little public reaction,little recruting edge.
      So,Tom, you have a better idea of a proper course for this administration than it does. Many of your ideas have good merit. Lets get our cops,jails and borders in order and proceed with building this country,it is time. Bill
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 10, 2010
        Tom, Bohm actually agreed with Einstein that the Copenhagen Interpretation was incomplete.
        For a simple explanation, which also points to Bohm's relationships with Einstein and Murray Gell-Mann, you might google and read: Dialectical Materialism and the Construction of a New Quantum theory: David Joseph Bohm by Christian Forstner. Bohn's pilot wave theory dismisses the wave function as a mathematical entity and restores an objective universe wherein incomplete knowledge of the observer doesn't affect the location or momentum of an electron. The article also touches on something you mention from time to time, causality vs. chance. Bohm says both exist as complementary opposites. Mary

        What really matters for me is . the more active role of the observer in quantum physics . According to quantum physics the observer has indeed a new relation to
        the physical events around him in comparison with the classical observer, who is merely a spectator.