Re: [existlist] Re: Philosophy & Politics

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 3:41 PM
      Hi Mary,

      On 2 July 2010 00:51, Mary <josephson45r@...> wrote:
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eupraxis@... wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks for that. Gee, it is hard to believe that Zizek is 61!
      >
      > Can't believe I'm 61 either!
      >
      >> The Real is always the 'next' that makes us add something to our codex of rationalizations and theories.
      >
      > David Bohm couldn't have said it better. Philosophy and science search for better representations of the Real.

      Thanks for the link. Much enjoyed it.

      I have a confession to make. I'm just a spring chicken. 51 :-)

      With regards to the search for "better" representations, I think we
      can differentiate between the motivations underlying that. There is
      the quest to simply understand at a deeper level, and at a very
      distant opposing pole is the quest to power, to dominate and
      subjugate. I liked Zizek's mention of acceptance, which puts him at
      the "simply understanding" pole.

      Polly