Proof?

  • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 30, 2010
      Proof?

      Somebody found this on a group and passed it on to me….

      [ Interesting subject of "proof". I have to
      wonder, spiritually, WHAT has actually been proven without a doubt? You
      can prove the existence of people, though Jesus Christ still remains
      controversial. If you are to believe what is written, you can trace
      history
      and wars . though it has been said that the winners are the ones who
      record
      such things, so it is difficult to ascertain if the details haven't been
      skewed in their favor, at least somewhat. Reliable texts and sources is
      statement I would take with a grain of salt.

      What do you have left then? Personal, direct experience. I do agree
      wholeheartedly that knowledge can get in the way. Knowledge doesn't
      always
      mean intelligence, does it? And religion and knowledge can sometimes
      get in the way of experiencing "God" directly. When you experience All
      That Is, there is no longer Observer and Observed . because the two are
      ONE.
      And is there any way one can PROVE that experience? One can share, but
      never prove . aside from extraordinary acts and coincidences sometimes
      labeled "divine miracles", it is difficult to prove things of a
      spiritual
      nature .. To other people. But direct experience is all the proof needed
      for oneself. It certainly supersedes all that blind faith or religious
      dogma has to offer. Science does a fabulous job of exploring our
      Universe, labeling each little particle, explaining the birth of stars,
      black holes and parallel universes . but even Science falls short of
      proving
      the existence of God, or being able to pinpoint where it all began with
      any
      certainty.

      Mass consciousness . sometimes I think that is better described as mass
      neurosis. LOL At least, if religion is involved, that is usually how it
      plays out, does it not? My take is that the more people open their
      minds,
      the more of a chance we have of seeing that wave of change in mass
      consciousness and "belief".

      It wasn't so long ago that I spent countless hours searching for ORIGINS
      and
      PROOF that this tradition or that one held the truth. Chasing my tail, I
      was. If you want proof of "God", the answer is simple . look within. ]

      What ever is the writer talking about? You can only find god by looking
      within and yet when you do find it there is no observer and no observed?
      So, nothing is experiencing nothing in which case. How is that proof if
      there is nothing experiencing anything? No observer and no observed?
      Because they have merged? How do you know that if there is no observer?
      Some had best stick with fundamental religion and not make out they have
      found something. For they just talk nonsense. Talk about what you do
      know from experience. And for there to be experience there is required
      an observer and something to observe. You cannot play truth AND
      religion. Nor can you mix them.

      Proof, in so far as it can be had, is when finding something which will
      not go away and cannot be refuted or denied. Axiomatic and
      Uncontradictable.

      Hell, you can soon sort them out cant you.

      rwr

    • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com