Re: [existlist] Power and the secound amendment

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi Bill and all,

      On 30 June 2010 01:28, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:
      > My last post  was rejected but it delt with the moderation of this group . Speaking truth to power remains a tenous business so I will lay it gently between the lines so as not to arouse >their majestys.

      I find it a matter of regret that you are being silenced, especially
      given that the moderators find the deluge from our resident feral
      troll acceptable.

      I think the regulars here have collectively been quite capable of
      sorting out the wheat from the chaff. It would take all of two minutes
      to start another group. Any takers?

      Polly
    • shadowed_statue
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        Polly, Bill and all,

        Firstly, I am wondering, was the post in question definitely rejected by the moderator, or was it a Yahoo glitch?

        Secondly, Susan has related recently, in an exchange with Wil, that her moves to ban Dick's posts were defeated by his constantly taking up new e-mail addresses.

        If Bill is being silenced, as a matter of policy, I too find that a matter for regret. At present, I would like to be sure of the facts, and ask the moderator if she would like to comment.

        Louise

        > Hi Bill and all,
        >
        > On 30 June 2010 01:28, William <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:
        > > My last post  was rejected but it delt with the moderation of this group . Speaking truth to power remains a tenous business so I will lay it gently between the lines so as not to arouse >their majestys.
        >
        > I find it a matter of regret that you are being silenced, especially
        > given that the moderators find the deluge from our resident feral
        > troll acceptable.
        >
        > I think the regulars here have collectively been quite capable of
        > sorting out the wheat from the chaff. It would take all of two minutes
        > to start another group. Any takers?
        >
        > Polly

      • Herman
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
          Hi Louise,

          On 30 June 2010 09:13, shadowed_statue <hecubatoher@...> wrote:
          > Polly, Bill and all,
          >
          > Firstly, I am wondering, was the post in question definitely rejected by the moderator, or was it a Yahoo glitch?
          >
          > Secondly, Susan has related recently, in an exchange with Wil, that her moves to ban Dick's posts were defeated by his constantly taking up new e-mail addresses.
          >
          > If Bill is being silenced, as a matter of policy, I too find that a matter for regret.  At present, I would like to be sure of the facts, and ask the moderator if she would like to comment.

          Yes, it is good to be sure of the facts.

          I would not object to prospective members having to be approved by the
          moderators first, with a trial period of one or two posts. That is
          easily implementable. And Merlin Dick Pendarvis lacks the insight to
          masquerade as anyone but his own miserable self once he is questioned.

          Polly