Hemisphere on the brink of an extinction?

  • richard_pendarvis
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hemisphere on the brink of an extinction?

      Well, first and foremost I have not seen that happening. I don't
      think an oil spill comprises a hemisphere on the brink of extinction.
      Humanity has survived BIG STUFF you know. Vast advanced civilisations
      have been wiped out by huge volcanic eruptions and tsunami events. But
      we are still here. Try an ice age. Finchley Tube station was two miles
      under ice for millennia. You get over it you know. However, if some
      bloody great rock from space ended it all then so what? They don't
      value life here much anyway do they. So, no problem. You don't think
      life depends on this globe do you? If it does then fuck its luck, for it
      ain't worth the effort and it ain't made a very good job of it.
      Heleujha and pass the beer! Oh you are a cheerful little sod.

      Merl

    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
        An extinction event does not mean that the entire hemisphere is going extinct. But the Gulf and Atlantic seaboard will see a great clearing of sea life from the smallest to the largest in a big chain reaction. The swamp life from Louisiana through the Florida west coast is in danger of great loss, with many species likely to end. The local bird life will be greatly compromised, many to be on watch lists. The general migratory environment will be greatly damaged. Scientists are calling this a major ecological disaster, which massive loss of flora and fauna. And finally,m the loss of marsh grasses will accelerate the loss of marsh lands, endangering inland ecosystems and cities like New Orleans. How's that?

        Wil

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
          I do not doubt any of that for one moment, and I have seen it all before
          anyway, IT HAPPENS ! But you cannot undo what has been done can you, you
          just have to try and make the best of what you got and do what you can.
          I feel bloody sure that Americans have far more than enough ingenuity to
          do whatever they can. If they can get to moon in a tin can then I am
          sure that can sort something out there. And in a hundred years time they
          will not be talking about this. MOVE ON. Or, if you have a time machine
          then pop back and stop it happening. For Ker-Riced sake stop weeping in
          your beer and do something. Go and wash a few birds off. ATTITUDE !
          Moan moan bloody moan !

          Merl

        • eupraxis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
            F*ck off, matey!

            Wil

            I do not doubt any of that for one moment, and I have seen it all before
            anyway, IT HAPPENS ! But you cannot undo what has been done can you, you
            just have to try and make the best of what you got and do what you can.
            I feel bloody sure that Americans have far more than enough ingenuity to
            do whatever they can. If they can get to moon in a tin can then I am
            sure that can sort something out there. And in a hundred years time they
            will not be talking about this. MOVE ON. Or, if you have a time machine
            then pop back and stop it happening. For Ker-Riced sake stop weeping in
            your beer and do something. Go and wash a few birds off. ATTITUDE !
            Moan moan bloody moan !

            Merl

            > An extinction event does not mean that the entire hemisphere is going
            extinct. But the Gulf and Atlantic seaboard will see a great clearing of
            sea life from the smallest to the largest in a big chain reaction. The
            swamp life from Louisiana through the Florida west coast is in danger of
            great loss, with many species likely to end. The local bird life will be
            greatly compromised, many to be on watch lists. The general migratory
            environment will be greatly damaged. Scientists are calling this a major
            ecological disaster, which massive loss of flora and fauna. And
            finally,m the loss of marsh grasses will accelerate the loss of marsh
            lands, endangering inland ecosystems and cities like New Orleans. How's
            that?

            > Wil

          • fleeting_return
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
              Dick,

              This kind of response is unfeeling. Hardly characteristic of the company at King Arthur's court, for instance.

              Louise

              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "richard_pendarvis" <richard_pendarvis@...> wrote:

              > I do not doubt any of that for one moment, and I have seen it all before
              > anyway, IT HAPPENS ! But you cannot undo what has been done can you, you
              > just have to try and make the best of what you got and do what you can.
              > I feel bloody sure that Americans have far more than enough ingenuity to
              > do whatever they can. If they can get to moon in a tin can then I am
              > sure that can sort something out there. And in a hundred years time they
              > will not be talking about this. MOVE ON. Or, if you have a time machine
              > then pop back and stop it happening. For Ker-Riced sake stop weeping in
              > your beer and do something. Go and wash a few birds off. ATTITUDE !
              > Moan moan bloody moan !
              >

              > Merl
              > >
              > > An extinction event does not mean that the entire hemisphere is going
              > extinct. But the Gulf and Atlantic seaboard will see a great clearing of
              > sea life from the smallest to the largest in a big chain reaction. The
              > swamp life from Louisiana through the Florida west coast is in danger of
              > great loss, with many species likely to end. The local bird life will be
              > greatly compromised, many to be on watch lists. The general migratory
              > environment will be greatly damaged. Scientists are calling this a major
              > ecological disaster, which massive loss of flora and fauna. And
              > finally,m the loss of marsh grasses will accelerate the loss of marsh
              > lands, endangering inland ecosystems and cities like New Orleans. How's
              > that?
              > >
              > > Wil

            • richard_pendarvis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
                Oh you are a polite little so and so ain't you now. YOU fuck off!
                Merl

                > F*ck off, matey!
                >
                > Wil

              • richard_pendarvis
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
                  King Arthur is a myth based on King Alfred the Great of Wessex, and with
                  Romance thrown in. Didn't you know? WOW ! Just after the time of Middle
                  Earth in the Shire of Somerset and which is a hot bed for REVOLUTION and
                  always was. Do your history Ducky pants. I lived in the same Village as
                  Arthur C Clarke. It must be something in the drinking water. But he
                  thought that humanity was advanced apes. I KNOW that it isnt. It is YOU
                  who assumes much dear Lady of the - where? Ware?

                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fleeting_return" <hecubatoher@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Dick,
                  >
                  > This kind of response is unfeeling. Hardly characteristic of the
                  company at King Arthur's court, for instance.

                  > Louise

                • Brent Irvine
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
                    I always thought that the King Arthur myth was far earlier than that - but strictly speaking no one knows the origins of it, though there are plenty of hypotheses.

                    But it doesn't detract from the meaning of the post ... she was saying you were being thoughtless and uncaring. You are doing little to dispel the accusation.

                    ________________________________

                    wrote:

                    > Dick,
                    >
                    > This kind of response is unfeeling. Hardly characteristic of the
                    company at King Arthur's court, for instance.

                    > Louise

                  • fleeting_return
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
                      Dick,

                      Why do you discount the value of myth? This particular one is emblematic of graciousness, which is not mythical, but an actual human quality still widely practised, even in England :-).

                      Louise

                      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "richard_pendarvis" <richard_pendarvis@...> wrote:

                      > King Arthur is a myth based on King Alfred the Great of Wessex, and with
                      > Romance thrown in. Didn't you know? WOW ! Just after the time of Middle
                      > Earth in the Shire of Somerset and which is a hot bed for REVOLUTION and
                      > always was. Do your history Ducky pants. I lived in the same Village as
                      > Arthur C Clarke. It must be something in the drinking water. But he
                      > thought that humanity was advanced apes. I KNOW that it isnt. It is YOU
                      > who assumes much dear Lady of the - where? Ware?
                      >
                      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fleeting_return" <hecubatoher@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Dick,
                      > >
                      > > This kind of response is unfeeling. Hardly characteristic of the
                      > company at King Arthur's court, for instance.
                      > >
                      > > Louise

                    • richard_pendarvis
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
                        I DO NOT discount myth, I think it is great and it can be inspirational.
                        YOU are assuming again you see. BUT some myth can also be DANGEROUS,
                        like these godmen myths that some silly bastards take litaraly, and fuck
                        their heads up. Thank Preistcraft for that.
                        By the way, it was I who wrote the stuff for the Asisian Knights and
                        Ladies. Check it out; it is not my website....
                        http://asisianfraternity.org/index.htm
                        <http://asisianfraternity.org/index.htm>

                        Merlin of Exmoor - and Tottenham.http://www.psychognosis.net/
                        <http://www.psychognosis.net/>